Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
maggi

Oldschools And Waht Happened To Them.

plat why do you have to be such a bitch and drag the arguemnet out? i said i am not comnig back anyways that was jsut so teh developers woudl make it fun and have the n00bs became the oldbies. Just like a message board, with out new bloods to repalce the old it will die. The old skin will shed away to be replaced again.

plat why do you have to be such a bitch and drag the arguemnet out? i said i am not comnig back anyways that was jsut so teh developers woudl make it fun and have the n00bs became the oldbies. Just like a message board, with out new bloods to repalce the old it will die. The old skin will shed away to be replaced again.

But the cells of your brain well never be replaced. You are always having the same brain, your whole life!

But the cells of your brain well never be replaced. You are always having the same brain, your whole life!

the brain of the game in that case is developers, and yes they will stay i think. thoguh parts of the brain can becoem inactive.

the brain of the game in that case is developers, and yes they will stay i think. thoguh parts of the brain can becoem inactive.

I just wanted to say that there are things you cant replace. you wont die withouth them but they are lost.

I think we are getting of topic now :P lets return to our good old friends

Hail Lothar (under the one hat #beaver)

All I can say is, GOGOGO to get level 92 att/def again!

so work hard for it :)

and:

very nice you're back! : )

cya in el (although i had an deja vu with a person in the DP veggie field..., but ok ;)

Greetings to brother Lotharion!

EDIT: sry Ive forgotten my PL storage master: maggi <-- good to have nice ppl back again!

Edited by Enderoth

Learn to Spell PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Wow... Maggi... there's a name I haven't heard in a LONG time. I never talked with you, but I do remember seeing you around.

Lotharion when you come back, do you HAVE to bring back the hat? I'm so sick of hearing about that damn hat. But if you insist, you'll be happy to know that now the one hat has accessories. You might want to introduce the One Hat to the Two Fur Boots.

s_a_av.jpeg

What ever happened to your smashing lederhosen?

Errrm not sure which one of us you are referring to, but I still have mine ;)

Errrm not sure which one of us you are referring to, but I still have mine 

Now that's a relief...

I must say it's fun to see soo many familiar faces still playing, and it is heartwarming to see how the True faith of the grand #beaver has been kept awake by #Brother Enderoth and the like. And yes, the One Hat Shall return!

About brains:

The cerebral structure of the elder shows an intricate pattern of declines and preservation. Given the complex nature of these alterations, it is unlikely that only one factor causes age-induced neuro-degradation. The decreasing of mental capacity may be caused by the deterioration of neurons, whether they are lost, shrink, or lose their interconnectivity. This depletion of neurons makes it necessary to implement additional neuron-networks to manage mental tasks that would normally be quite simple or even automatic, requiring more time. Evidence also suggests that myelin breaks down during the aging process which very likely contributes to cognitive decline by slowing down the relaying of nerve signals.

The prefrontal cortex monitors and controls our thoughts so the atrophy that occurs in this brain region may cause erratic language that many older adults tend to revert to. It may also account for absentmindedness and forgetfulness. Together with the shrinking of the hippocampus, which is crucial for memory, memory difficulties may arise. Persons with Alzheimer and such memory disorders display atrophy in both prefrontal cortex and hippocampus. The decline in motor functions could possibly be attributed to a decrease of dopamine (a neurotransmitter), a process that occurs with aging. Currently the exact effect of this on motor-dysfunction is not known. It has also been suggested that hypertension may be an important factor for some of the detrimental effects of aging. In fact older people with hypertension have an increased risk to develop white-matter lesions in the brain.

If you want to kill brain-cells faster, drink loads of alcohol, it works like a charm.

Edit: Eat pie, it's good for you (especially pecan-pie)

Take care,

Loth

Edited by Lotharion

Loth!!!!!!!!!!!! long time no see :o

#beaver :lol:

good to see you back. But i will see you next year probably in EL :(

anyway have fun while i am not there.

Now that's a relief...

I must say it's fun to see soo many familiar faces still playing, and it is heartwarming to see how the True faith of the grand #beaver has been kept awake by #Brother Enderoth and the like. And yes, the One Hat Shall return!

About brains:

The cerebral structure of the elder shows an intricate pattern of declines and preservation. Given the complex nature of these alterations, it is unlikely that only one factor causes age-induced neuro-degradation. The decreasing of mental capacity may be caused by the deterioration of neurons, whether they are lost, shrink, or lose their interconnectivity. This depletion of neurons makes it necessary to implement additional neuron-networks to manage mental tasks that would normally be quite simple or even automatic, requiring more time. Evidence also suggests that myelin breaks down during the aging process which very likely contributes to cognitive decline by slowing down the relaying of nerve signals.

The prefrontal cortex monitors and controls our thoughts so the atrophy that occurs in this brain region may cause erratic language that many older adults tend to revert to. It may also account for absentmindedness and forgetfulness. Together with the shrinking of the hippocampus, which is crucial for memory, memory difficulties may arise. Persons with Alzheimer and such memory disorders display atrophy in both prefrontal cortex and hippocampus. The decline in motor functions could possibly be attributed to a decrease of dopamine (a neurotransmitter), a process that occurs with aging. Currently the exact effect of this on motor-dysfunction is not known. It has also been suggested that hypertension may be an important factor for some of the detrimental effects of aging. In fact older people with hypertension have an increased risk to develop white-matter lesions in the brain.

If you want to kill brain-cells faster, drink loads of alcohol, it works like a charm.

Take care,

Loth

LOL!!!!!!!

what a coincidence, im dunken at moment/ or im drunk some/many alcohol some hours ago.

:o

Soeme people say: only supid people are happy people.

i missed th part of the EL history with the hat.. tell me.

btw aki. hello kofferboy :(

Learn to Spell PLEASE!!!!!!!!

learn to stop being a whining little kid.

FACT: Teaxs A&M condcuted a sutdy in whcih it was fuond You can stlil read prnit as lnog as the frist and lsat lteters are crorect. Unlses the wrod is mdae purposfully scerwed up.

Actually the initial study was conducted at Cambridge University. I'm sure I could dig up the references for you somewhere. But it is true. We seem to have rather remarkable and quite underestimated linguistic abilities.

Pie helps.

Concerning the One Hat, it's not so much a story as a gospel. An epic involving the creative power of #beaver and #under-the-Gazebo.

well, it ends with the One Hat.

-*bows trice* "Praiseth be the One Hat!"

#Beaver

Now that's a relief...

About brains:

Take care,

Loth

very interesting lil comment there loth :)

ad primum: those smashing lederhosen just kept getting smashed too often and so got replaced by those fancy looking but not very comfortable iron ones :D

ad secundum: that reminds me of an article i read about the ratio of neocortical association-neurons towards the neurons of the lymbic system (i'm translating literally here with my limited vocabulary so please feel free to correct me :D ) and how this ratio pretty much decides about the degree of intelligence we possess. the astonishing thing was to learn that whales and dolphins obviously surpass a healthy human brain in exactly this category. taking into consideration now that "intelligence" is only a manmade word for a HUMAN ability this doesn't mean they are intelligent by our standards, but it does mean they possess mental abilities that are not very likely inferior to ours...

just popped up in my mind when i read your post, i bet you could tell me more about the whys and hows :D

cya ingame soon, i hope, both of you :) :) :)

Edited by Soldus

pecan? :D:D

Hope I see you in-game sooon! :)

Maggi you probably don't remember me :D but nice to see you too!

Edited by _Elise

Hedelmäpiirakka in your case Elise :-)

secundum: that reminds me of an article i read about the ratio of neocortical association-neurons towards the neurons of the lymbic system (i'm translating literally here with my limited vocabulary so please feel free to correct me  ) and how this ratio pretty much decides about the degree of intelligence we possess. the astonishing thing was to learn that whales and dolphins obviously surpass a healthy human brain in exactly this category. taking into consideration now that "intelligence" is only a manmade word for a HUMAN ability this doesn't mean they are intelligent by our standards, but it does mean they possess mental abilities that are not very likely inferior to ours...

Very Interesting Soldus. I don't recall that article, but what you are saying basicly seems to be that even though size does have an important influence, the efficiency of our neural networks is far more important for our cognitive abilites. ( I agree completely about the 'intelligence' bit, therefore i think it is more appropriate to refer to it as 'cognitive ability'). However, still very little is known and understood about the more delicate functions of the brain, and even less can be ascertained in the case of animals. But it remains an interesting field.

Pie makes the world go round

Wow, It's been a long while! Maggi.. you might remember me, might not. I wasn't in CO at the time you were still playing. Most oldbies left a few weeks before the crash, as the game slowly began to go downhill. Once "teh" crash hit. EL community lost about half more of us. Then to add to the pain and suffering a certain person was made into a certain something. That taking away another 1/4 of the oldbies. What's left is what you see posting here. We all split up over about 3 or 4 other games. It's a shame.. Since the game is slowly rising in popularity, but losing in community. Some will be back sooner than others, others won't return. Peace,

SKA =)