Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Quinticus

What Now?

I was just currious about what's to happen since Lyanna's left? Who's going to take over Storylines? Lyanna's the best person for the job?! Who's going to mod and stuff, and edit?

I'm temping at the moment, sorting out the storyline/history portion, I'm now going through the stories that are posted on this forum, seeing who is who and doing what. I'll be posting some, rearranging, and basically trying to get this bird off the ground pending Roja's ok so hang in there...

Please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns about what is going on, I'll answer what I know and find out what I don't ;) hehe

I've read some good stuff so far and I'll be contacting some people via PM as I work my way through the backlog. These are the main goals right now:

1) Decide what function the gods will provide now, in the present, so as to set their history in a way that naturally leads to the present. Godquests could be a great re-addition to the game with rewards and penalties being ascribed relative to their individual congregations. I'm not sure yet just how interactive the gods will be but it's in the works...

2) Talk to the programmers about adding "books" to the game that can be accessed and read. This would be a great avenue to include the history in the game instead of relegating it to just quests or outgame formats. It would also be a fun way to include "fiction," not necessarily related to the game or its past, but pure entertainment for players of a mind to spend some gametime exploring Eternal Lands "literature" :D

3)Complete a rough history beginning with the creation of the Eternal Lands and up to the present (already begun). Next would come a more fully fleshed outline based upon reactions, observations, and suggestions here in the forums. At that point (tentatively) history stories would be based upon that outline thus eliminating many of the problems with continuity.

4)Quests would then be drawn from the completed histories. I would like for them to be as interactive as possible but it really falls in the desmesne of the programmers as to what is possible. I would like to see a lot of NPCs and bots, particularly roaming bots and/or bards, and a system that is much more dynamic than what we have seen so far. This is pretty far into the future, however, but should always be kept in mind when writing stories.

I would like to see a lot of participation in this board but more importantly, I would like to see stories edited often, polished, and pronounced completed. There is a place for everything written be it "official" or not. Hopefully there are writers out there who would not mind ghosting. If you come up with a fairly detailed idea but don't want to write, can't, or whatever, post it here and put it up for grabs. Everything is useful.

The only caveat here is time. Due to rl, I can already tell you I won't be able to move as quickly as I would like to. Particularly since I'm still playing catch-up right now. But I will try to answer/respond to posts PMs within a day. So let's get with it. Wth, it's a game, let's have fun with it :)

oh did lyanna left? :-s

Edited by Satan

Well, we seem to already have decided the gods...

The books? Well, if someone will do the server, I can do it ASAP in the client.

Well, I think Lyanna already fixed most of the continuity problems...

And bots, I can do (Got myself a vhost, for free, who likes the idea and will let me run some 24/7 ;) ).

I don't know about the bots but I will inquire...:D

There is going to be some modifications of the gods depending on what their role in current gameplay will be. I want the histories to reflect a gradual progression to the "current" status of the gods. Part of this of course hinges on the dev team and programming, so a lot of ideas about what active, ingame roles the gods could play would really help.

Let me check on the books, CK, see what can happen serverside and go from there...ty

As for continuity and stories...not even close to stitching it together (as far I go, that is, but working on it :huh: )