Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kat

Who Do You Install A Bot?

The point is you have to know programming to make a bot. Non-programmers would have to talk to or pay a programmer for their bots.

Non-programmers would have to talk to or pay a programmer for their bots.

And preferably both...

Is it that the variable is 2 words long and is not defined in the preprocessor?
That bug depends on your compiler and the compiler options as well, so it may not be the bug he intended to use as the example. I was referring to the problem you wont notice until you are running it.

everyone uses gcc; and if u compile it in gcc, i reckon that the program will ... CRASH

omg it's 15 lines program and the bug is soo obvious .... i think even a non-programmer could notice that ... omg just look what we did with pInt ;)

Is it that the variable is 2 words long and is not defined in the preprocessor?

2 words and not defined in the preprocessor? i don't know what you mean cus the variable is "pInt" and that's one word... it's not "pointer Int"

it doesn't necessarily crash.. it might as well just work, depending on your implementation of new and delete.. probably you will only get problems when using new again..

it doesn't necessarily crash.. it might as well just work, depending on your implementation of new and delete.. probably you will only get problems when using new again..

yeah but we are setting a alrdy deleted pointer to 50 so........

The point is you have to know programming to make a bot. Non-programmers would have to talk to or pay a programmer for their bots.

that's the main reason why i decided to make this post, because i am a

non-programmer, i find it boring <_<

anyway, let's put it this way, i can't pay anyone real U.S dollars, but what about EL money in-game? If anyone would like to do that let me know how much you'd want for doing it.

yeah but we are setting a alrdy deleted pointer to 50 so........

.. which can result in a lot of errors, most probably *not* a segfault :angry: most probably you just set the memory location that used to be allocated to 50, which is no problem because it's not used for anything at that point..

And that's why pointer errors are so hard to find. Because nothing will happen until three months later, when you add another variable that just happens to be at the same place as *pInt used to be before deleted.

"Why the smeg is *pChar == '2'?"

anyway, let's put it this way, i can't pay anyone real U.S dollars, but what about EL money in-game? If anyone would like to do that let me know how much you'd want for doing it.

...Gold doesn't buy food (read: pizza and carbonated beverages).

...Gold doesn't buy food (read: pizza and carbonated beverages).

I already said that i CAN NOT pay ppl real US dollars!

What do you not understand! I also said if anyone would like to do that let me know how much you would do it for!

I did NOT say if anyone has any negative things about what i said plz post here! :angry:

I just asked for something so simple that even a 8 yr old would understand :P

If you can't pay money, then you can't have a store bot.

Explaining programming to an 8 year old is going to be tricky. Extremly tricky. You know what a compiler and a code editor is?

programming is not easy, it takes a lot of time to do, time which most people don't have for free unless they are giving their bot away to everyone for free...or unless you make a really good friend in the game :angry:

programming is not easy, it takes a lot of time to do, time which most people don't have for free unless they are giving their bot away to everyone for free...or unless you make a really good friend in the game :angry:

yea specail most time take play el :P

What do you not understand!

Then you CAN NOT have a bot. Even if you found somebody you could pay to make it for you, whether it be in dollars or gc, you would still have to pay US dollars to let it be allowed in EL.

Then you CAN NOT have a bot. Even if you found somebody you could pay to make it for you, whether it be in dollars or gc, you would still have to pay US dollars to let it be allowed in EL.

I thought that only applied to trade bots, not bots like Wanderingidiot or Wanderingfool.

you would still have to pay US dollars to let it be allowed in EL.

I meant the question, not programming ;)

and that's where my guild comes in, they and i want this bot for the guild.. we all give a little

I thought that only applied to trade bots, not bots like Wanderingidiot or Wanderingfool.

Thats what she said she wanted...read the very first post here <_<

My guild, TC, would like to make one to sell and to store items in.

you would still have to pay US dollars to let it be allowed in EL.

I meant the question, not programming :blink:

and that's where my guild comes in, they and i want this bot for the guild.. we all give a little

Just double click the bot program you made to make it work. Unless you have to have the Eternal Lands client open. Maybe you would even have to log in for yourself. I don't know. Depends on what you programmed the bot to do. You are probably going to have to make it yourself.