Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BladeStone

Movement Problems

What can I say, the game is ok, needs some little details worked out which will take alot of time to fix. I know I'm a coder myself,... so lets start:

1.) Obviously you can't walk on a shop counters but when you click on the counters you don't move. The character needs to be able to walk up to the counter by clicking on the shop counter. This way you are not strugging to find the one or two pixils that let you get close. This should apply to everything else, click on the water, you walk up to the edge but not in, instead of trying to click on the last pixil near the edge.

This also applys to what you are harvesting, where the walk command ends and the harvest command starts,... is a problem, find the closest pixil you can walk up to, and then find you are still too far way to harvest. AARRRRRrrrgggg. You've got to do some fancy matrics rotating and clicking to get next to it to harvest.

2.) Crafting, I think there should be what's called crafting stations where you can go and craft viles yourself.

3.) There should be a NPC vender who sells player goods for them, you pay 10 gold to sell your good for a week, and other players can then buy from that NPC. And you go and pick up your non-sold items. The money is stuck into a storage or a Bank of some kind. We need multiple currencies and banks,... Please.

4.) Map Features. I think there should be a way for us to mark our own maps so we can click right now the spot where the resources are at.

Later,

BladeStone :D

One other thing.

5.) Can we change the Buy/Sell from clicking on numbers to both keyboard enter/pull down menu's? This way to buy 8 items we don't ahve to buy 5, then 2, then 1, instead we can enter the character '8'

Thank you in advance,

BladeStone :D

1 would be nice

2 i can almost bet answer no

3 yea that would be nice

4 is already implement in cvs

5 think at least storage work on new whole interfaces for it.

Edited by jamesvm

1) Very good idea.

2) I hope not.

3) Ever hear of Eternalbroker? Other than that, works.

4) Done in CVS.

5) They are working on this, and this has been suggested a few times.

CVS? I don't know what that is. I know you can click on the map and you go to the spot, but I want to be able to mark points on it, like "sunflowers here."

Oh ya, and here's another

6.) When you are standing on bag, I don't want the eye icon to appear because I know it's me, I want the hand, and sometimes just a pain to pick out which pixil is the bag from the leg. It will be some fancy coding to get it so that the pointer doesn't see the character, but it would help out.

7.) can we have a uniqui spot on the mouse icon to know which is the pointing pixil, as in, the speak bubble, is it the center of the buble needs to be on target, or is it the pointy part of the speach bubble that needs to be on the target. This includes the walking symble. After a few hours it's the bottom of the walking icon is where the picking point is on.

-- Other comment about the crafting station. That would before current things you can't make right now in the game like wine and viles and cooking meat.

8.) the meads and wines and ales need to be drinkable, or if they aren't going to, there needs to be something in the selling menu to say "doesn't help you food level."

That's it for now.

Thank you in advance,

BladeStone :o

CVS? I don't know what that is. I know you can click on the map and you go to the spot, but I want to be able to mark points on it, like "sunflowers here."

Oh ya, and here's another

6.) When you are standing on bag, I don't want the eye icon to appear because I know it's me, I want the hand, and sometimes just a pain to pick out which pixil is the bag from the leg. It will be some fancy coding to get it so that the pointer doesn't see the character, but it would help out.

7.) can we have a uniqui spot on the mouse icon to know which is the pointing pixil, as in, the speak bubble, is it the center of the buble needs to be on target, or is it the pointy part of the speach bubble that needs to be on the target. This includes the walking symble. After a few hours it's the bottom of the walking icon is where the picking point is on.

-- Other comment about the crafting station. That would before current things you can't make right now in the game like wine and viles and cooking meat.

8.) the meads and wines and ales need to be drinkable, or if they aren't going to, there needs to be something in the selling menu to say "doesn't help you food level."

That's it for now.

Thank you in advance,

BladeStone B)

CVS is a compile-yourself alternate client that is patchable and tests the patches for bugs before they add to the main client, as I understand it.

6) Good idea.

7)If it changed to that, it is on target. It will change when you move it off.

8 ) Maybe if we added "This is not useable" to the message when you right-click it, it could be for a lot more items than for just those two.

CVS is a compile-yourself alternate client that is patchable and tests the patches for bugs before they add to the main client, as I understand it.
I know I'm a coder myself.

And there you have the differnece between "coder" and programmer.

CVS is a repository system, which stores versions, merges changes, patches, etc. CVS stands for Concurrent Versioning System.

Edited by crusadingknight

i have changed the hotspots for the cursors locally on my version to "better" positions, but the problem remains, because now the hotspot is not in the same place for all cursors, so sometimes the cursor seems to "jump"... if people want it, i can post a patch, but it's really easy to modify yourself..

For External Use Only