Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Rough Draft Storyline

Ok, I was really bored tonight, and was browsing through these forums a bit. I really don't know a great deal about EL, but I figured it couldn't hurt to write a 20 minute rough draft of something. I would have written more, but school starts tomorrow, and I have stuff to do. Anyways, any and all information, including names/dates etc are subject to change.

_________

Clouded is the past, and uncertain is the future.

It is the year of circa 817. For 817 years now, our fathers, and their fathers before them, have endured in these eternal lands. The world is far older than we could ever guess. It is strange to think that although we can recall only the past 800 years, there have been countless before that. Perhaps the Elves' records are more in depth. Maybe even the Dwarves'. But I am only a scribe, and my records have been pieced together simply by stories, legends, and the books given to me by my father.

I live on the continent of Evsini. It is the most documented and well known part of the world. Or atleast, it is to the humans. The humans have built their castles, and their cities, and their constant lust for power here. The elves live in their forests, caring little for the domestic squabbles of "the vulgar human brutes." The Elves are said to have been born long before the other races. The coming of the humans, dwarves, centaurs and whatnot have obviously irritated them greatly. It is believed they once covered the entire continent of Evsini. The humans came and chopped down the forests, and the dwarves defiled the mountains and caves. It is no wonder the elves are commonly hostile; but it is a sin to judge a person simply by his race. Many good elves and dwarves I have met, seeking peace.

The majority of Evsini humans believe in the omnipotence of Johv, our creator. He crafted the world with his own two hands, and molded the humans to be the King race. He created the other great races to mold the world for the approaching humans. It was his will. I, on the other hand, find this to be an arrogant religion for men to bask in our assumed "superiority".

The elves, as well as many humans and dwarves believe in the Sodality. The Sodality is a ring of Gods and Goddesses who are believed to have each created their own races and lands. Many Elven congregations believe themselves to be connected to the Sodality, and trust that if they lead a proper life, they will become a part of the Sodality in death.

Several hundred years back, Evsini was nearly fully mapped, and paths to a new continent were chartered (primarily by greedy human Kings). This new continent was presumptiously named Tessethys, after Tesset the Explorer. Another bold move on the humans part, seeing as this continent was already flourishing with many primitive races, including the Minotaur, Centaur, Orchan and Satyr. These tribal societies knew the continent as Satyr, which was what the Satyr named it, and themselves, them being the first intelligent species to inhabit it.

_____

Guest Senatious

I thought I was logged in, but apparently am not. Anyways, my email is senatious@yahoo.com

I like your style, but you're going to need to rewrite it to fit into the larger picture, now. (See the other threads). I put you into the Third Age, but you may want to differ. Also, try to refer to places in EL, rather than creating too many of your own places. With the second continent coming, though, that may change.

The Johv angle is good...having alternative gods that some humans may believe in instead of the Sodality (ie. the seven gods currently in-game) might be good.

-Lyn-