Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MasterRahl

Day And Night

I really enjoy this game, and the idea of extended night and day in the game is a good one. But I think that there should also be some lighting objects available to the player, like torches or light spells. Otherwise it is just like playing on a plain black screen, which is not all that fun. :D

i think that the new crystal staffs are a light source

Meh... My first suggestion I ever made was to increase walking speed...

Torches was in my one of my first 10 suggestions... :P

Meh... My first suggestion I ever made was to increase walking speed...

Torches was in my one of my first 10 suggestions... :D

i asked for a light spell >.<

*shrugs* you have been here alot longer than me

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showforum=5

^is probably the section you were looking for, scroll down a ways on the main forum page and you'll find it. :-P

And for the subject; if I recall correctly, the idea of torches and lanterns was shot down because it'd be too much strain on the system to make moving light sources.

Edited by Hazor

If the lightsources can't be portable, then encorporate bushes as lightsources. I don't mean have a glowing bush, but infest it with fireflies (the flies themselves could have a glow similar to magic weapons, green/offyellow).

Basically, the lightsource would be in the object the fireflies infest, and the flies themselves would be to er.. make it so it wasn't an unnaturally glowing bush..

Quartz crystals already have a similar effect, but this would help in areas without quartz..

Strategically placing these around the map would help a lot of players, and of course some areas could be left for natural darkness.

As you pointed out, there are some fixed light sources, others are being worked on. One issue is that there is a limit on how many OpenGL can handle at one time in an area as well.

>.> i really think just have the gemmed stafs have a light source, not everyone would use them and it would be handy...and look cool

Quick fix: Turn up brightness and contrast to maximum. Enchanted swords give off light, right?

a little >.< i still want my wands

Quick fix: Turn up brightness and contrast to maximum. Enchanted swords give off light, right?

They "glow", but don't emit light.