Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Navarre

Banned

ok i checked my logs and i found out the reason for my banning:

[PM from Wytter: Greetings, I'm just checking if you're afk - please reply to this pm :)]

[PM from Wytter: In case you don't know, I'm a moderator in this game, and I'd urge you to respond...]

[PM from Wytter: In that case I'll have to pressume that you are macroing - too bad, as that'll get you banned.]

i must honestly say that i wasn't taking notice of my screen must at this point. My eyes were diverted to a DVD i had running to my side, turning back to feed myself.

after a while i used up all the food i had in bag at my feet, i stayed where i was and went to sleep.

While i was afk i had an auto-afk massage activated:

[PM from Wytter: You will be able to defend yourself in the bans section later on.]

[PM to Wytter: AFK]

the strange thing i found is that the auto-afk messageing activates after 5mins afk. So i presume that in-between Wytter' msg's there must of been a 5 min delay.

i have to apologise for actions, i understand that when a mod messages me, its in my interest to respond promptly. I must add that i do not macro and i take this game very seriously and if you were to look at the hours/day i play you would understand the passion i have for this game.

i will respect whatever decision handed down on me.

Thank you.

Yep,

You were caught macroing by Raven; you were constantly depositing/withdrawing from storage, withdrawing from a bag, eating and manufacturing. However, you did not respond to private messages, not even after your bag ran out of food (instead you went afk, sitting in that same place as you had been macroing, disregarding my PM's). If you don't respond to a moderator who sends you several PM's (even ones threatening you with being banned) while you are obvisouly working on something (and that in a very fast and constant pace, compared to what humans can manage), you will of course be macroing.

Furthermore Cicero saw some suspecious multi-playing activity.

i must honestly say that i wasn't taking notice of my screen must at this point. My eyes were diverted to a DVD i had running to my side, turning back to feed myself.

How would you explain having only 1 seconds delay between storages, 0 seconds delay between bag withdrawals, 1 second between eating, and between 1 and 2 seconds between manuing? At least admit what you were doing, don't you think we can see through those lies by now? You simply couldn't do that while having your eyes on a DVD...

you are correct Wytter,

i do use a mouse movement recorder to help me make essences.

It mimics my mouse movements mouse clicks and i have it so that it repeats everytime i press a hot-key. you could say that i'd be guilty of macroing.

but i must stress that i only use such a program while i play, i never use it while i'm afk so i'd like to defend myself against the use of the program illegally while i sleep.

the one truth in my earlier statement is that i was playing when you msg'd me and i did miss them switching back and forth from DVD to EL.

i respect the fact that my lvl 50 char is now gone from me forever, but i would like to ask for another chance to play this game.

I started using the program while i was new to the game and never gave too much thought or interest the world of EL. Since then i have made several very close friends and took great pride in my character's development.

I fully admit to my mistake of continuing to disobey the rules and i believe me when i say that this serves as a harsh lesson to me and one that i don't wish to repeat.

I've found a love for EL and if my character was reinstated as a fresh character, or if i am able to assign a new character i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

I dont know what navarre was or was not doing tonight, but I do know that he wasnt totally AFK. I was talking with him most of the night....off and on. I just wanted to say that He IS a nice person, and I dont think he is the type to Intentionally break the rules with any kind of ill intent. Whenever he is on he is usually pretty talkative, so that is how I know he is not the afk macro type. I cant say for sure what he has done if anything, but I do know he is a good guy.

I think that either of his suggestions as punishment would be more than enough for him to learn his lesson. As he said, and as I have witnessed myself, he is a very dedicated player, and a pleasure to know. I know i am in his guild, but that is not why I am coming to his defense. It is because I have read a lot of these "Who got banned and why" posts and a lot of people who have done a lot worse, got off with a harsh but justified punishment. I only suggest that Navarre be treated the same, of course whatever punishment you all decide on will be totally understandable, but I just think he deserve's another chance, even if it is his LASt chance.

Thank You

Garrin

you are correct Wytter,

i do use a mouse movement recorder to help me make essences.

It mimics my mouse movements mouse clicks and i have it so that it repeats everytime i press a hot-key. you could say that i'd be guilty of macroing.

but i must stress that i only use such a program while i play, i never use it while i'm afk so i'd like to defend myself against the use of the program illegally while i sleep.

That describes one way of macroing which has always been illegal whether you are at your computer or not.

I just wanted to say that He IS a nice person, and I dont think he is the type to Intentionally break the rules with any kind of ill intent.

The problem I see with this kind of cheating: How can anyone seriously believe they are not breaking the rules? Even someone who never read the rules should have enough common sense to know that having your computer play for you is not fair to all the hard working people who actually play the game.

Claiming that you did not know macroing was against the rules is admitting that you are too stupid to figure out by yourself that it is cheating.

While we're on the subject, playing more than one character at the same time is illegal. Just declaring that Malorian is your other character doesn't make it legal.

While we're on the subject, playing more than one character at the same time is illegal. Just declaring that Malorian is your other character doesn't make it legal.

Thought it was allowed to have 2 accs on at the same time...

9. No multiple accounts on at the same time, that help each other. That is, it's OK to have two characters online, if one stays and does nothing, or does something totally different than the other, and they don't interact (trade, exchanging items, train on each other, etc.). Doing so can make you lose your characters and even get you banned.

cheating is over rated its just a game i think mods whould just make it seriously hard to marco and if people can get around it thats thier advantage.., just my thought...

Thought it was allowed to have 2 accs on at the same time...

9. No multiple accounts on at the same time, that help each other. That is, it's OK to have two characters online, if one stays and does nothing, or does something totally different than the other, and they don't interact (trade, exchanging items, train on each other, etc.). Doing so can make you lose your characters and even get you banned.

Carrying food to a macro isn't allowed though. (I was there watching too).