Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Ice Banned For Macro Alchemy

Ice banned for macro Alchemy and there has also been a little bit of illegal multiplaying, the character has been locked out of the game. Logs show the suspicious activity for about 8 hours.

I would like to say that I am sorry, and hope that you will have mercy on me! I was making fe's and was doing it illegally... I ask forgiveness please. I promise it wil not happen again! The reason I was, I was trying to up manu skill, and it takes so damn long just to make the fe's. It was not right and I deserve to be punished, if you wish to ban me forever I guess that's that! if you would be so kind as to maybe remove all the fe's from inventory... and maybe take that much exp from me I would consider that a blessing.... I did not macro all the fe's but feel that would be better than being banned! sorry for the hassel I caused!

Just wanted to add, this was not a modified client macro, it was a stand alone program, also I did this at work, while at the keyboard. The reason I did not respond to the pm's was beacuse I had a vistor and needed to turn off the monitor. I'm just posting this to let you know all the facts! Once again I would like to say that I am sorry for what I did, and if unbanned it will never happen again!

Please do give ice a second chance.

I have knowen him for almost as long as he has played eternal lands, and he has always been a helpfull, community minded player.

At the moment events in my real life have taken a disasterous turn, and it is to Ice's credit that throughout my problems, he has offered me continual advice and encouragment to help me through these real life events.

In no way should this be taken as either myself or SegV condoning macroing, and I shall naturally be reminding all members that macroing is unacceptable, however Ice is a really decent guy, who has come clean, confessed and apologised for his breach of the game rules.

Please give him hes second chance, I know that this incident will have taught him his lesson.

Take his Fire Essence and let him play again - if he's been supportive to the_antiroot through this difficult time then he's a decent human being and should be given a second chance.

I suggest removing his char and unban his IP. Punishment for macroers needs to be horrible.

Considering that he has nice levels...well...you are even on top 20 in potion and magic!

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

remove exp remove essence suspend few days and next time char delete or something?

i think Macro should be punished hard...

because else you only have to say that your sorry and you're free...

he knew that while he was doing it, it was risky..

so let him see the consequences from Macro-ing

i'm sorry Ice ;)

As i am also a member of SegV, i know ice VERY well. He has never done anything contrary to being a helpful and courteous guy. I'd consider him a good friend.

That being said, i think the removal of items and alch deduction is fair enough. Perhaps more than 10% would even be acceptable, but it's a first offense. Knowing Ice it'll NEVER happen again. I agree that the punishment should be harsh, but not as steep as some others has suggested.

Well, just remove his macroed items, and decrease his alchemy by 10% or so. At least he admited, it wasn't his brother :D

Sounds good to me.

I have also been talking to him outwith the game since, and he has also been given the task (if he is unbanned as I hope) of reminding all members of SegV that macroing is illegal, and unacceptable.

I believe he is in a position to make this point much better than I can, given this incident.

(And no, I dont believe there is anyone else macroing in the guild, but then again, I didnt thing there was one earlier today. Probably not a bad idea for gm's to remind their guilds on spec.)

Guest tsunami96306

I am also a member of SegV and have known Ice since before I joined the guild.

He has always been there to lend a hand whenever it was needed not only to members of the guild but to alot of newbie players in the community.

Granted what he did was wrong but I would hope you can give him a second chance. Everyone has made mistakes

Punish dont Destroy

I believe the penelty for macroing should be stiff, or everyone will think it's just a slap on the wrist and do it without worry. But deleting a character seems excessive, but just deleting the fe's macroed doesn't seem harsh enough.

I have known Ice since the first day I started playing EL, when he showed me how to do alot of what needed to be done. Not that it matters much, but it goes to show how Ice has helped the EL community by helping newbies to get to know the game.

Knowing him, and that he is an honorable man, I truely believe that if unbanned he won't do anything like this again. Ice has stepped up like man and accepted responsibility for what he did. So I say give him his 10 lashes, whatever that may be, and let him continue to play.

Okay just from my views on this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ur like the first person to admit that it was u. u admitted why that ur sry etc. HOLY!!!!!!!!!! just me but man i would go easy on him......

Thanks Learner!!!

I will not do that again!

As for the punishment I will not complain! I lost 5.8 million exp from overall, removed from harvesting and alchemy! Which is rough but, at least I did not have to start all over again!!! I have never macro harvested, but that is the way the punishment was dished out! To anyone that is taking any shortcuts like I did... I would strongly recommed you reconsider your actions! I consider myself lucky to be unbanned!!!

Thanks to all who took the time to read this thread and special thanks to all that took the time to respond! Yes even those that were against Ice being unbanned! It's members of the EL community that make this game so great! I made a mistake, what I did was wrong, and as mentioned in my first post it will not happen again!!!!

Thanks Learner!!!

I will not do that again!

As for the punishment I will not complain!  I lost 5.8 million exp from overall, removed from harvesting and alchemy!  Which is rough but, at least I did not have to start all over again!!!  I have never macro harvested, but that is the way the punishment was dished out!  To anyone that is taking any shortcuts like I did... I would strongly recommed you reconsider your actions!  I consider myself lucky to be unbanned!!! 

Thanks to all who took the time to read this thread and special thanks to all that took the time to respond!  Yes even those that were against Ice being unbanned!  It's members of the EL community that make this game so great!  I made a mistake, what I did was wrong, and as mentioned in my first post it will not happen again!!!!

Congraulations Ice... You seem like a good guy to have in game :-)

You seemed like an honest, appologetic, and helpful person to have in game...

You cheated, took your punishment, yet still remain a nice guy - I'm sure you won't be doing it again? *hopes*

And Congratulations to the Mods, are due too...

They behaved in a polite, mature way and although the punishment was neccessarily high (5.8 MILLION? that would almost KILL me! lol), they allowed a genuinely sorry person to stay. *Well done*

I believe in second chances... :angry: