Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

Basic Difference Between Flames And Critics.

Agree with one of following option:  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Agree with one of following option:

• Example 1 is a flame, example 2 is a critique.
    • Example 2 is a flame, example 1 is a critique.
    • Both examples are flames.
    • None of them is flame.

I didn't posted anything satirical here. And currently you are flaming and spamming my thread which

makes me very mad, and I am resisting to not flame you.

I made a post that of course was sarcastic, but only stupid people will say I was 100% serious. Anyway

I didn't posted it in this thread, this thread has other subject, so stay on topic, if you want to complain

about my posts make yourself a new thread instead spamming mine. This threads topic is only one:

Two examples and a question to answer. Nothing more. People like you - who will spam every thread

that belongs to person that they dislike are poisoning our community, please, cut it, I don't even know you.

Why other people has a right to post a thread that will cause mature discussion and will be not flamed

and spammed and I don't?

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

Someone had to do it ..lol... dumb poll by the way.

It's way too clear what is a flame there.

It is not about definition of flame but a definition of difference between flame and critique. I asked to read carefully...

Also, if you think that poll is stupid why vote or post here?

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

awwwww crap...so much for the reading carefully.  ^_^ sorry i got confused and put that 2 is a flame and 1 is critique.  Oh well, just consider me stupid ^_^

You know, back when the results where 1-0-0-0, I thought about posting "who the smeg voted for the second option", simply because I knew someone was going to do it :blink:

You can always count on me leeloo. I have a tendancy to act before thinking...or reading. You should have seen my son's crib before i decided it was beneficial to read the directions!

Edited by Quinticus

Well of course the first 1 is a flame and the 2nd one isn't (mostly, but the last line: "therefore it must be changed", is ).

But it dosen't prove whatever you think it might prove about youself (you wouldn't have put one of your own posts here if you wanted objectivity).

What rude remarks, for god's sake? I quoted fragment of my server update post and killerlamb's flame to compare, and ask what is flame and what is not. You people can't even judge some facts mature way?

And that comment that you've quoted wasn't any way related to me being demodded, it is so chidlish saying stuff like that if you don't know the issue! And about proving something: I perhaps could prove alot when I'd be given a chance to prove anything, but it is not a subject of that thread!

^ This is a much more clear example of what a real flame looks like.

Flames aren't insults vs criticism as you've tried to show. That's the most clear, and really the most harmless type. Insult, ban, end of story.

Flames are more about arguments, heated debates versus constructive criticism.

When you criticise something you say what you don't like, why, what would be a good alternative and why.

You don't demand things to be done your way, you don't threaten (with leaving, etc..), you don't try to turn a disagreement into a conflict, and try to get other people to join "your side".

Insult, ban, end of story.

Flames are more about arguments, heated debates versus constructive criticism.

Xilcox, that's so beautiful yet so... naive :( If only insult->IP ban from forums (no, not from game, unless you insulted someone there...) was working here as it should *sheds a tear*

Alas!

people iterpret this rule:

Some vulgar language is allowed, if not used too much. For example, saying "FU CK YOU ALL" is not permited, but saying something like; "Fuck, that goblin pawned me" is acceptable, unless you spam, and as stated above, it's not to be used on the first channels. Use common sense.

as that they can insult people:

*if they do it just time to time

*if they think they have good reason to do so -> " he/she said it first ! " // " he/she isluted my friend first !" etc. = am I the only person here that thinks this lvl of argumentation belongs to kindergarten :blink: ?

I mean there is a #abuse report -> rule 4th been broken (send in a chatlog) -> mod check the chatlog of person that was present but not involved in fight -> if guilty IP ban -> end of story.

*if they think there is no mod on or a 'friendly' mod on at the moment....

Recently there are even people here who post, almost only in flames/abuse/ban in sheer joy and orgy of insulting people claiming that they are just "stating their opinion and they have a freedom of speach". What is going on ?! :huh::ph34r:

Why flammers and spammers took it over ?

As I told Lyn once, there should be a rule of max 3-5 posts per person (and ban for multi accounts on forum :P ) per day, this way people maybe would THINK = USE THE BRAIN before posting.

To ChowRiit

you're not gonna get reinstated simply due to some crowd of cheering newbie fanboys who barely know who you are, let alone what prompted your demodding
You're not even a whole month on the forums :blink: How hypocritical can You get with such remarks ?! :ph34r:

Beside that, I think ChowRiit, that cynicism &sarcasm are virtues ..not flaws, at least You need to be intelligent to be sarcastic :rolleyes:

Ps. I just wonder when certain 27-year-old-kid turns this thread in yet another mayhem of flame and spam... :(

Oh I'm sorry, I didnt realise intelligence was proportional to time since you registered on the forums, my mistake.

You're not even a whole month on the forums. How hypocritical can You get with such remarks ?!

You really dont have a clue, do you? The key word here is CONTEXT. The word "newbie" wasn't referring to joined date or anything, it rarely does, but instead a general lack of understanding, of both the game and the situation. Most of Plat's supporters don't even know what she got booted for, they just support her because they think they're sucking up to a moderator.

As for the rule on vulgar langauge - there is a whollleee world of difference between constant abuse, whether involving rude language or not, and not banning someone because they say "f**ck i died and lost my serp" or whatever. The rules are to be interprated by the mods, not the players. They're who decides the scope of the rules. Sure, you can argue, but you're still gonna get banned if they feel you broke the rules.

And as for you're last point, so nice of you to take that little sideswipe there by implying im not intelligent. This exact sort of abuse is what got teh banned 0n3na demodded, maybe that's why you seem to like her - does her attitude of "I can do what I want and insult who I like" strike a chord with yours or something?

Beside that, I think ChowRiit, that cynicism &sarcasm are virtues ..not flaws, at least You need to be intelligent to be sarcastic :angry:

Clearly an insult. And again, with the Plat-esque side insults:

I wasn't implying anything about Your intelligence in previous post (?!) but reading Your reply ...I see that I didn't have to  :angry:

Both clearly snide side comments, designed to be at my expense. Insults are not a substitute for good arguements and backing up your points...

It is not about definition of flame but a definition of difference between flame and critique. I asked to read carefully...

Also, if you think that poll is stupid why vote or post here?

Regards.

I didn't vote ..... and i always read all post on the

forum and speak my mind on a lot of topics.

awwwww crap...so much for the reading carefully.  ^_^ sorry i got confused and put that 2 is a flame and 1 is critique.  Oh well, just consider me stupid ^_^

You know, back when the results where 1-0-0-0, I thought about posting "who the smeg voted for the second option", simply because I knew someone was going to do it :)

You can always count on me leeloo. I have a tendancy to act before thinking...or reading. You should have seen my son's crib before i decided it was beneficial to read the directions!

When all else fails read the directions lol , i need

to read them first more times and save time

trying to do it on my own lol

Obviously many more people than teh banned 0n3na have the problem with being rude. However when you are a NH/mod, it is not acceptable to continually behave that way to a point where you upset a lot of people and cause problems. And of course there is a time and a place for everything, it is VERY important to be able to distinguish when it is ok to make sarcastic remarks and when it is not.

teh banned 0n3na has a personality problem when someone is harassing her, spamming her threads with dumb

flames etc. I think not only teh banned 0n3na has such problems. Most of people are very sentive for stupidity.

I kinda asked a simple question on simple poll. And besides that question I meant nothing else. But of

course, as usual some dumb forum trolls has to SPAM every, even my apology thread. Unless, you Roja,

had a lobotomy it is almost impossible to resists such behaviour.

You are only a human.

Moderators are human too.

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

You are only a human.

Regards.

Which is why I gave you numerous chances(yes more than just 2 or 3)

Huh? Is that a topic of that poll? We really have to discuss that here, on completly unrelated thread on

forum full of trolls?

Regards.

This thread was clearly created with ulterioir motives other than simply discussing what a flame and a critique are, abliet to get back at the admins. Discussing the topics around an issue is not going off topic, and if you think this is a forum full of trolls, you've never seen a forum with real trolls on it...

Most of Plat's supporters don't even know what she got booted for, they just support her because they think they're sucking up to a moderator.

I'm not quite sure about this... Are you saying that I "just support her because I think I'm sucking up to a moderator"?

You are only a human.

Regards.

Which is why I gave you numerous chances(yes more than just 2 or 3)

and all i asked for was 1 xD ok well can we either move this to the flames or stop it already?

Edited by Aitrus

It really is easy to not let words get to you, being it a

flame or not, just over look it and go on and forget it.

Just think about anything you want to say before you

type it and think about how others might take things

you say.

Most of Plat's supporters don't even know what she got booted for, they just support her because they think they're sucking up to a moderator.

I'm not quite sure about this... Are you saying that I "just support her because I think I'm sucking up to a moderator"?

Bad Leeloo, bad, she wants level 4 (so what if she can give it to herself phew). Not enought that you

are a troll Chowrit but also you possesed whole knowlege on earth and know better than a particular

person what this person thinks. Oh, also I didn't knew that supporting a person that pissed off admin

is actually good way to become a moderator. I think I will start supporting Killerlamb then;

KILLERLAMB FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Anyway, what is the problem with being a moderator? Unless you think this is a hard work and

responsibility you never should be one. Moderator is not a person that spams people with blue messages,

moderator is a person that cares about the project more than others. Also moderator is

not popular, liked-by-everyone sweetie, moderator is a techie, he is there to supoort the community and

a project with his work, advices, effort, HELP using his knowlege and tools given to him/her by project

admins. Since all techies are evil, usually no one gives a smeg about your personal relations with other

moderators unless you or they refuse cooperation because of their dumb personal issues which never

happened in this project. If you don't think like that you never should be a moderator. Period dangit.

Regards.

Bad Leeloo, bad, she wants level 4 (so what if she can give it to herself phew). Not enought that you

are a troll Chowrit but also you possesed whole knowlege on earth and know better than a particular

person what this person thinks. Oh, also I didn't knew that supporting a person that pissed off admin

is actually good way to become a moderator. I think I will start supporting Killerlamb then;

KILLERLAMB FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Anyway, what is the problem with being a moderator? Unless you think this is a hard work and

responsibility you never should be one. Moderator is not a person that spams people with blue messages,

moderator is a person that cares about the project more than others. Also moderator is

not popular, liked-by-everyone sweetie, moderator is a techie, he is there to supoort the community and

a project with his work, advices, effort, HELP using his knowlege and tools given to him/her by project

admins. Since all techies are evil, usually no one gives a smeg about your personal relations with other

moderators unless you or they refuse cooperation because of their dumb personal issues which never

happened in this project. If you don't think like that you never should be a moderator. Period dangit.

Regards.

Dear teh banned 0n3na,

Your last post, while long and well punctuated, seemed to veer off on a tangent that I am uncapable of following.

I thought the definition of a forums troll was one who exists in a community for the soul purpose of creating unrest for their own pleasure. I didn't know that included persons who makes well thought out suggestions on multiple topics. Thank you for enlightening me on this matter.

The second part of your post was the part that left me confused. Do all moderators have personal issues that make them hard to cooperate with? Does being a moderator make you not liked-by-everyone, or does one start out and naturally fall into the roll of a moderator, thus bypassing the terrible suck-up-to-people-in-charge-phase?

You seem to be very certain that you understand all the qualifications it takes to be a moderator. You hightlighted so many details, including the fact that moderators must care about their project and community. You must care very deeply about EL, so much so that I bet I would have found you in the market channel still trying to keep people on topic even after you lost your moderator powers. That's what a caring member does, right? They certainly would never sit and chat offtopic and say I'm not a mod, why should I care? And they certainly wouldn't repeat that performance for days.

Oh, and before I forget, I think the topic of this thread is wonderful and straightforward. I fail to see how anyone could think that the saying 'there's often truth in jest' is true.

Thank you,

Phenic