Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rebootedrock

Alternate Servers?

Would you pay for a n00b free server?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay for a n00b free server?

• Yes!!!! $5/mth
    • Yes, but only $3/mth
    • No.
    • There should NOT be a separate server/game
    • I don't know.

Add an IPv6 server, and don't make a DNS record for it. That'll keep the n00bs out  :)  :)  :lol:

Yes! Make EL server to be IPv6! Look, it is awesome, first game on earth that supports IPv6 protocol!

Also don't allow connections if it will have no valid RevDNS, and make it accept zones only ip6.arpa not

int. Mwahahaha. NO NOOBS, only sysadmins and geeks.

Regards.

HA HA HA HA HA!!!11!~~ STFU

If this id going to work, more than a few people need to accept

Why are you complaining about newbies. Every game needs new players or it would die after some time.

I say no - no other game server than the one we already got.

Why are you complaining about newbies. Every game needs new players or it would die after some time.

yeah indeed but the newbies can start at eternal-lands.solexine.fr and when they are good they can go pay to the 1337 server, where their stats gets copied.

All the details won't get figured out unless it looks like there is enough interest for it. That includes whether or not your stats would get copied to the alternative server or not as well as all of its InGame Rules. Keep in mind that if this 'Alternative Server' is started it might not be considered the real EL P2P, but rather a seperate world?

The biggest problem I see is that it would fragment the EL community.

Remember, nothing is decided or anything. This is just a poll & discussion to see if there is enough interest to talk about it seriously.

i liked the idea at the beginning...but i do think it would hurt the comunity aswell.

i like P2P maps on the same server much better, mebbe some of them combined with minimum-lvls, so new players don't get hurt and oldbies can go there to have some newb-free relaxation...maybe that would make them be even nicer and more helpful to new players when they are on the "old" maps...

...just a thought :D

I am complaining about noobz not newbies. There is significiant difference between these two groups.

Regards.

This is a good idea, but not NOW. When we will have over maybe 700 players online on the free server, yes. Until then, it won't worth it, and it would split the community in two (or more).

This is a good idea, but not NOW. When we will have over maybe 700 players online on the free server, yes. Until then, it won't worth it, and it would split the community in two (or more).

damn. oh well.

I dont get it, can you enlighten me please ;) why would you want to play on a server with like 30-50 people max only? 2 ppl at molgor, 3 at grim, few in cc, one it tit mine... it would be boring and what would happen to the economy there.. who will get you meat and bones, make you fire ess and stuff like that, who will you sell your books/weapons/armor to? And why dont you like noobs, they are fun :D

Newbs are fun, just hard to explain things to, unless they use their brain every once in a while. I get my bones, fur and meat from the animals. I sell my armor to a NPC. I give sheilds to guild members.

Pay no attention to the Evil Emporer!

As I have said, this poll & thread is to see if there enough interest. You will notice that one option does specifically handle people about very strong opinions against a second server. Plus, I did note the potential problems with splitting the community.

I dont get it, can you enlighten me please :) why would you want to play on a server with like 30-50 people max only? 2 ppl at molgor, 3 at grim, few in cc, one it tit mine... it would be boring and what would happen to the economy there.. who will get you meat and bones, make you fire ess and stuff like that, who will you sell your books/weapons/armor to? And why dont you like noobs, they are fun :huh:

The server would not be 30-50 people max ... that was simply the minimum number to make it worthwhile to take the time to setup and run it. Feel free to talk about how many you think should be the minimum and talk about it!

Pay no attention to the Evil Emporer!

odd i would be banned for sayin that :P

well.. how much would it take to make another server?(MONEY amount.)

because some people want this badly so they would pay more *me*

shasso, imagine a world where you can go to a spawn, train, get woteva u want, then go back to storage, chill with ure oldbie friends, THIS is wot tht server could be like....

my only question is, who would be responsible for setting in stone the definition of a "n00b"???

shasso, imagine a world where you can go to a spawn, train, get woteva u want, then go back to storage, chill with ure oldbie friends, THIS is wot tht server could be like....

my only question is, who would be responsible for setting in stone the definition of a "n00b"???

i dont think that noobs would be THAT STUPID to pay for a game before playing the free version.

So there would be no noobs, and if there were, we would ignore them :angry:

1. They have to pay

2. They can't make a character, it has to be made for them

3. TBD, could be something as simple as at least one level other then OA or Harvest must be over 30 in the F2P game.

This and other details would be worked out if this proceeded.

why imagine it, i play like that every day lol. But yeah, i know it can suck to train on goblins in gold cave, try naralik or grubani =)

so lets get this straight.. this is not about the p2p that was already talked about many times, this is something else, and the p2p thing is still coming like it was planned to?

edit (after reading leelo's post): oh well, it wouldnt work for me, i need noobs to buy books/capes from me and sell me pots/ess, ill wait for the real thing =)

Edited by shasso

I would pay like 3-5 depending on how many of my friends would p2p. I like the idea of being free of NooBs. What would be really nice is if you could ban scammers and bag jumpers to. I really think that it could be a great thing. No more fighting over spawn points, no spam, no more beggers, and a place where we don't have to hear another person ask where they can cook their meat.

P.S. Oh wait i forgot I was a NooB. I guess I can't get in. :P

it seems like a resonable idea, especially if we could have transferable characters between the worlds. possbibly with a pair of npc's to transfer characters between servers.

It could be possible (but a lot of work) to create your own server from scratch without any el source code, seeing the protacol between the client and server is known. there are several bots that exist that have not used any source code from el includeing some written in other programming languages so it could be possble to create your own server.

unfortunately the server code is not open source, if it where open this could have happened a long time ago.

Somebody should set a definition of noob, newbie, middlebie, oldbie...and who would be welcome on this server...seems a lot of 2 month players consider themselves middlebies and 6 month players consider themselves oldbies...