Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aitrus

Guild Logos

how about all guilds get a logo, and when you create a guild or type #set_logo a little box pops up, you get the choice of a few colours and you fill in the boxes with colour till you get a logo you like, when you press ok your armours and clothing and anyone else in your guild has that logo on it :P it would be cool (your torso armour that is) it would help repitition of looks :P

Just like Halo 2? That be cool, heheh my halo 2 clan logo rocks!!! Ohh wait i dont have a clan, my own one rocks!!!. Good idea Aitrus, your coming up with good idea latly.

Just like Halo 2? That be cool, heheh my halo 2 clan logo rocks!!! Ohh wait i dont have a clan, my own one rocks!!!. Good idea Aitrus, your coming up with good idea latly.

wha? i have never played halo 2 so i have no idea rofl

I've seen this work in (another) game and it actually works quite well. It adds distinction than just a short name can. :P

Edited by Daxon

I've seen this work in (another) game and it actually works quite well. It adds distinction than just a short name can. :P

let me gues.. MU online?

Lineage 1 does it very well and you can make your own

See mods! everyone loves the idea, can you please do it :P

RO doesn't implement the logo on outfits, but it does have it after the name, and you can make and upload your own too.

RO?

Ragnarok Online.

ahh ok, i still think on the armour would be better, it would give people pride to wear armour... ohh and it should be on the cloak and shield too :P #setlogo_cape #setlogo_armour #setlogo_shield etc

also if we ever get helms with Plumage, we should be able to change the colour of the feather

I've seen this work in (another) game and it actually works quite well.  It adds distinction than just a short name can. ;)

let me gues.. MU online?

Nah, Lineage 1. Tigger guessed it. But it's been so long since I touched my L57 knight so I can't quite remember the dimensions of the image (I think 8x12 or something). You could create the logo in paint or something, save as a .bmp, and upload through the game. Was neat.

Use to be my full time game from the start of the US servers

... have not been back in ages....

that would be something good to add to guilds here.

>.> this is supposed to be in suggestions!

I was wondering why you put it here.... i'm sure it will get moved in time.

I suggested this way back when Guilds were first impletemented. Of course, My Idea was to have Guild "Crests" that would show on our Shields and would display over a Guild owned House.

The reason they gave back then was that to do this would require each guild to design and Submit their Crest and then the Artists would have to make it display on the 3-D Model for each Character but only for that Guild.

They said that is was possible but would require more work then anyone was willing to do back then....... I wonder if anyone is willing now?

*shrugs* who knows, things change over time

There could be a special guild shield, which is buyable or questable by the guild in question.

I think that, ino rder to make them display, we need textures, pictures for them so that everyone will be able to see them.

So I think that if this idea is to be implemented you will have to have a set of pre-defined crests or shields. Then the guildleader of a guild makes a request and then is assigned that crest or shield.

When this is done only guildmembers of that guild (perhaps rank 10+) can buy/get that shield.

In order to facilitate this, our great designers and artists might let the existing guilds design their own crest or shield, and then make some extras for the coming guilds.