Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
(Athosino)

Come Here If You Want A Trade Bot!

Alright, i'm going to make this a part of the rules now.

Added to rule #15.

15. No bots are allowed unless you specifically tell us about your bot by posting it's name, what it does and/or what you plan on doing with it in the sticky thread in the General Chat section of the forums. If you do not and we find one it will be banned. Also, bots are not allowed to be within range of any storage, and are not allowed to broadcast ANY messages over local chat or ANY channel unless the bot is paid for and/or approved by us.

Ty Roja, this rule will clear things up a bit.

I thought that trade/storage bots were to be paid for or not allowed. If you want to test them, there is always the test-server.

Other bots, like the ants and/or the Wandrerers have different purposes, so they do not impose this kind of problem.

Basically, what will stop anyone from having their own personal trade bot?

Added to rule #15.

15. No bots are allowed unless you specifically tell us about your bot by posting it's name, what it does and/or what you plan on doing with it in the sticky thread in the General Chat section of the forums. If you do not and we find one it will be banned. Also, bots are not allowed to be within range of any storage, and are not allowed to broadcast ANY messages over local chat or ANY channel unless the bot is paid for and/or approved by us.

Ty Roja, this rule will clear things up a bit.

I thought that trade/storage bots were to be paid for or not allowed. If you want to test them, there is always the test-server.

Other bots, like the ants and/or the Wandrerers have different purposes, so they do not impose this kind of problem.

Basically, what will stop anyone from having their own personal trade bot?

ban?

Added to rule #15.

so replace protocol.c with this one: http://gentoo.czweb.org/protocol.c , edit as u like and recompile

this shall solve the problem :(

[edit]

plz someone make a .diff

Edited by (Athosino)

The source code has been released for a trade bot! I was just spending all day for the past two days programming my own, and now I find out that I didn't have to!!

First of all, my trade bot was going to be completely self sufficient. To give anything to it, I would have to sell it, just like everyone else, and to get anything from it, I would have to buy it, just like everyone else. So, to the people who asked, who it would serve other than its maker, I answer, itself and only itself.

Secondly, how are people supposed to know that your bot is a bot rather than just someone who is AFK? Someone above mentioned creating a new channel specifically for trade bots and people that want to deal with trade bots. I agree with this suggestion.

For the record, I didn't tell Athosino he could release this code. Not that it matters to me, otherwise I would have applied a license. Please be aware that this code is incomplete, somewhat buggy and wasn't intended to be used. I abandoned it about 8 months ago. If you have any problems, questions or suggestions relating to this code, please don't send them to me.

ask Bongo, but I think he doesn't care, I reckon it's GPL

It's not GPL. There are no restrictions, so it's public domain. That means you can do absolutely anything with it, you can even license it yourself. Although I did sort of unofficially transfer ownership to teh banned 0n3na, but I don't think she cares either.

just don't remove line in trade.c wich tells it's coded by Bongo

Feel free to remove that line. I really don't need or want any credit for writing this thing.

Bongo

QUOTE ((Athosino) @ Dec 5 2004, 05:03 PM)

ban?

What do you mean? I was talking about having personal trade bot which have been declared, of course.

Men are not created equal, only the ones who walk in the light will prevail

(Book of Bane, verse 45)

why has this post not been locked or deleted that my quetions?

My opions reason trade bots exist is because as stand too much work wait for buyers.

I think we will have to eb nazi and allow only paid bots. Something like: 20 USD. If you want a 1337 bot, then you'll have to pay 100 USD.

Not paid bots will be removed (and banned).

For the record, I am quite unhappy about this. We're going to have to be more harsh on all bots now. <_<

Name me a programmer/mod who isn't <_< .

I can't come up with anyone for such a list.

I think we will have to eb nazi and allow only paid bots. Something like: 20 USD. If you want a 1337 bot, then you'll have to pay 100 USD.

if implement would it get rid all bots

I think we will have to eb nazi and allow only paid bots.

All bots or trade bots (or any bot that benefits its owner) ?

I think that all the tradebots. Bots that do not have any economical impact are OK, but trading bots are obviously benefiting the owner, and are competing with the paid bots.

is there way to make the 1337 bot carry more than 36 MRs or any non-stockable items? that would rock and i would prolly start think about bothering my parents to pay :P

Since this is out...elbot is unfrozen. (Story-telling commands and command-line arguments got added).

Is it legal to have like a small little storage bot for a guild without paying???? and if so can someone make me one???? (and maybe buying and selling JUST with the guild??)

Is it legal to have like a small little storage bot for a guild without paying???? and if so can someone make me one???? (and maybe buying and selling JUST with the guild??)

No. You have to pay.