Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
(Athosino)

Come Here If You Want A Trade Bot!

First, I shall note that this bot is coded by Bongo, and I added only really a few features, like advertising every 15 mins on channel and every 20 actors on local chat etc. Plz take it as Bongo's!!

Not Anymore

If you want this bot PM Athosino - he will give u a short quiz about programming.

[edit]

there is an bug

open storebot.conf and set "admin" to you or i will rule your bot! :P

Edited by (Athosino)

is there some sort of license associated with this?

ask Bongo, but I think he doesn't care, I reckon it's GPL

[edit]

just don't remove line in trade.c wich tells it's coded by Bongo

[/edit]

Edited by (Athosino)

NOTE: i strongly recomend before running the bot going to annoucements and first post there about your pot in "If you want to have an Bot...", and then declare the name of bot cus he's connection from ur IP(unless u have dynamic IP wich changes after reconnect) in "Declare usernames from same IP here!"

This is absolutely not helping the game in the least, not to mention the ludicrous amounts of abuse and spam it generates.

9. No multiple accounts on at the same time, that help each other. That is, it's OK to have two characters online, if one stays and does nothing, or does something totally different than the other, and they don't interact (trade, exchanging items, train on each other, etc.). Doing so can make you lose your characters and even get you banned.

Why are people being allowed to get away with this? afaic, ALL the sales bots that I know of (which quite frankly are just Linux and TheMotherNature now) are in direct violation of this at the moment, and it should be considered multying and exclusively forbidden.

As it stands, I get to see your bot spam in market chat every few minutes, then spam in public in VOTD, then you spam about this very thread so we can have even more idiots with their bots running around. That's just way too much annoyance from one person.

Edited by daemorhedron

This is absolutely not helping the game in the least, not to mention the ludicrous amounts of abuse and spam it generates.

9. No multiple accounts on at the same time, that help each other. That is, it's OK to have two characters online, if one stays and does nothing, or does something totally different than the other, and they don't interact (trade, exchanging items, train on each other, etc.). Doing so can make you lose your characters and even get you banned.

Why are people being allowed to get away with this? afaic, ALL the sales bots that I know of (which quite frankly are just Linux and TheMotherNature now) are in direct violation of this at the moment, and it should be considered multying and exclusively forbidden.

As it stands, I get to see your bot spam in market chat every few minutes, then spam in public in VOTD, then you spam about this very thread so we can have even more idiots with their bots running around. That's just way too much annoyance from one person.

yeah, we all know that rule, but trade bots are allowed so what u want =P

Trade bots are allowed in addition to that rule, not in exemption of. =P If we can all have a trade bot that just endlessly spams and you can give it all your crap to sell for you 24/7 what's the point in even playing at all?

Trade bots are allowed in addition to that rule, not in exemption of. =P If we can all have a trade bot that just endlessly spams and you can give it all your crap to sell for you 24/7 what's the point in even playing at all?

what would the bots sell if we wouldn't kill fluffys to get soem stuff? :P

There's a difference between running a trade bot and running a sales bot. A trade bot is an addition to the game world, a sales bot is a detraction to the game world because all it does is try to advance YOUR character. Dumping things on the bots so they can endlessly spam to try to sell it for you is only a dishonorable attempt at helping yourself to get ahead unfairly. It's no different from multying, scripting or macroing for the exact same reasons that those things are already not tolerated.

If the bot buys and sells the exact same items and was self sufficient with no interaction, then it would be fair (and you wouldn't have to 'worry' about loading it up either). Your bot only buys what you want and sells what you deem to be crap, so the only thing it's doing a service to is yourself.

Edited by daemorhedron

Really nice of you to leave this in the configuration file you included :

// Set this to the name of the bot's administrator

admin = Athosino

=P

lol i forgot

Edited by (Athosino)

There's a difference between running a trade bot and running a sales bot. A trade bot is an addition to the game world, a sales bot is a detraction to the game world because all it does is try to advance YOUR character. Dumping things on the bots so they can endlessly spam to try to sell it for you is only a dishonorable attempt at helping yourself to get ahead unfairly. It's no different from multying, scripting or macroing for the exact same reasons that those things are already not tolerated.

If the bot buys and sells the exact same items and was self sufficient with no interaction, then it would be fair (and you wouldn't have to 'worry' about loading it up either). Your bot only buys what you want and sells what you deem to be crap, so the only thing it's doing a service to is yourself.

First of all....I have NEVER seen a Bot Spam anywhere. At least not by my definition of spam, and second..... if it bothers you just type #ignore (bot name) I dont see the problem. You said.... 'so the only thing it's doing a service to is yourself.' Well? Who else would it service? I personally wouldnt take the time to DL and then adjust everything so that it DIDNT service me. All he has done is level the playing field. I think its great. Thanks Athosino.

Perhaps we should make a rule that only bots who paid to be in the game can broadcast messages on the channels and in local chat.

Perhaps we should make a rule that only bots who paid to be in the game can broadcast messages on the channels and in local chat.

or maybe we should put client that can switch character to shop mode(so that way all player have ability to do this)

Awesome, we now have 4 new bots spamming in VOTD, DP public and in the market channel. People have been stationing them right at storages for extra spamtastic splendor. Hope you're happy, you've aided in causing tons of unnecessary hardship and annoyance for the entire gameworld.

While I freely admit I have no idea how the bot works, I can't help but feel that you're a scammer too since I can't help but notice that you've not changed the admin part of the conf file I pointed out to you. Certainly seems suspicious to say the least.

well, i don't think it's good idea :(

this bot by defualt broadcasts advertising on channel every 15 minutes, and on local chat every 20 new actors. it can be set to 60 minutes of u like, just open protocol.c and change variable advertising_limit and recompile. that is NOT spam

I agree Roja. Especially now that the source for a trade bot is available.

Awesome, we now have 4 new bots spamming in VOTD, DP public and in the market channel. People have been stationing them right at storages for extra spamtastic splendor. Hope you're happy, you've aided in causing tons of unnecessary hardship and annoyance for the entire gameworld.

While I freely admit I have no idea how the bot works, I can't help but feel that you're a scammer too since I can't help but notice that you've not changed the admin part of the conf file I pointed out to you. Certainly seems suspicious to say the least.

I FORGOT to change the storebot.conf, just edit it

if i would want to scam j00, i wouldn't put source code to the archive and built a trojan to the bot that would steal ur el password and everything

Edited by (Athosino)

I thought that this was already the case, but sure that works.

First of all....I have NEVER seen a Bot Spam anywhere.

Like most people, I hang out in the market channel pretty much exclusively. I'm also on for hours at a time, and it gets damned annoying to see the same message come up every few minutes. Personally, I define spam as the same message repeated ad nauseum, but I'd think that's pretty obvious. When you're in market channel and where the bot is, you get it twice as much. Add the fact that he'd paste the link to this forum in with it too, and I get pretty cranky pretty quick.

Now compound that for every bot that's in the gameworld. Add the fact that people are already putting them in busy areas like *right* at the storage in VOTD and you get to 'hear' everyone complain about the bot too. Seriously annoying to say the least, and since everyone can have their own, it's not special and serves no purpose (why buy from bot X over bot Y at that point?).

If it bothers you just type #ignore (bot name)

Obviously. Re-read the last paragraph to understand how this problem compounds well beyond a simple single ignore. If I could just ignore the entire problem, I would.

You said.... 'so the only thing it's doing a service to is yourself.' Well? Who else would it service?

True. Remarkably selfish, but true. I'd like to think that since the devs offer EL for you to play for free, you might want to try to offer something back rather than just taking more, but I guess it's silly of me to even think of such an ideal. =P

I thought that this was already the case, but sure that works.

First of all....I have NEVER seen a Bot Spam anywhere.

Like most people, I hang out in the market channel pretty much exclusively. I'm also on for hours at a time, and it gets damned annoying to see the same message come up every few minutes. Personally, I define spam as the same message repeated ad nauseum, but I'd think that's pretty obvious. When you're in market channel and where the bot is, you get it twice as much. Add the fact that he'd paste the link to this forum in with it too, and I get pretty cranky pretty quick.

Now compound that for every bot that's in the gameworld. Add the fact that people are already putting them in busy areas like *right* at the storage in VOTD and you get to 'hear' everyone complain about the bot too. Seriously annoying to say the least, and since everyone can have their own, it's not special and serves no purpose (why buy from bot X over bot Y at that point?).

If it bothers you just type #ignore (bot name)

Obviously. Re-read the last paragraph to understand how this problem compounds well beyond a simple single ignore. If I could just ignore the entire problem, I would.

You said.... 'so the only thing it's doing a service to is yourself.' Well? Who else would it service?

True. Remarkably selfish, but true. I'd like to think that since the devs offer EL for you to play for free, you might want to try to offer something back rather than just taking more, but I guess it's silly of me to even think of such an ideal. =P

it's not my fault that ppl r putting bots right to the storage in VOTD, i didn't tell them to do so

This is why the elbot project was frozen...we didn't want to fill the world with trade bots, or ants <_<

Just make a rule that all trade bots can advertise on channel X only.

People can go there if they want to deal with a bot.

This is why the elbot project was frozen...we didn't want to fill the world with trade bots, or ants <_<

Indeed, this is a bad thing . Sure, it's fun to develop your bot, and the quantity of bots was limited since only a limited amount of people knew how to create them, and they did not share their source. Now that everyone can have a trade bot we need new rules concerning these. I was even thinking of banning them completely on the main server, unless they have been accepted by Learner/Cicero (or are official trade bots).

Alright, i'm going to make this a part of the rules now.

Added to rule #15.

15. No bots are allowed unless you specifically tell us about your bot by posting it's name, what it does and/or what you plan on doing with it in the sticky thread in the General Chat section of the forums. If you do not and we find one it will be banned. Also, bots are not allowed to be within range of any storage, and are not allowed to broadcast ANY messages over local chat or ANY channel unless the bot is paid for and/or approved by us.