Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jamesvm

This Somethihing Should Be Client

We need have in game is when it is load that with out restarted whole game over and over again(exit it and reclick el.exe) way to reload like enclypedia files or el.ini(or manu.ini).

I try get it work but I have no clue how get part reload it self.

I felt thaty did belong suggestion since most people are not develop the game will not have need to use it.

Edited by jamesvm

You mean be able to alter the used files for the game in the game and have them immediatly take effect? Good idea.

I think restarting it is the only way for it to reload itself.

You mean be able to alter the used files for the game in the game and have them immediatly take effect? Good idea.

I think restarting it is the only way for it to reload itself.

1 sec, I'll have the exact answer in less than a minute...

Hm...there doesn't seem to be a way to do it without running through client restart again, else the XML content re-reads while displaying (hidden) and crashes.

Edited by crusadingknight

He's probably referring to reloading the Encyclopedia and translated strings, so he can check that what was done is working, without re-opening the client. I was thinking about this as well, but the problem is that it creates a lot of I/O traffic and might hurt the performance too much at run-time.

He's probably referring to reloading the Encyclopedia and translated strings, so he can check that what was done is working, without re-opening the client. I was thinking about this as well, but the problem is that it creates a lot of I/O traffic and might hurt the performance too much at run-time.

you got it. Got question why would it create lots I/O traffic if just files on computer that reload or is the whole processed is that complex?

Edited by jamesvm