Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lorddeath202

Joining Polar Bear Swimming Team Is Cool

:) that sounds um...very cold and uncomfortable ..hehehe, do you do it in a special suit or only in a regular bathing suit? do you have competitions and such, what do you do? :)

i join a group of people who swim in very cold water ( 1 degree Fah water )

1 degree fahrenheit? Since water turns into ice at 32 degrees, that would require quite some arm muscles to move anywhere... At that temperature, I'd prefer ice skating.

Or perhaps he meant swimming in Ethanole? That'd explain the polar bears as well ;-)

OMG lol! I live in Florida and we like our water to be 85-90 degrees! (farenheit that is lol)...I can't imagine that!!! ;)

Yeah... you just go in clothes you would go swimming in regular temperatures in (Like... 80-90 F) and...swim in really cold water really early in the morning. Think of it as a cold shower... and the water has been in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks...

Yeah... you just go in clothes you would go swimming in regular temperatures in (Like... 80-90 F) and...swim in really cold water really early in the morning. Think of it as a cold shower... and the water has been in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks...

Ok let me rephrase...I can imagine it, I can't imagine actually voluntarily doing it ;)

damn thats cold! >.> its like those gurus who go to antartica and swim under the ice and snow

Now I've never tried this, but I have some friends that have. Supposedly, once your body adjusts to the temperature it's not that bad (the freezing water that is) Now when you get out of the water, you better hope you have a warm beachhouse or car to get into though :D

NeoSeS

Wimps...

LOL

*pokes neo* why are you wolf lord... but your neo >.>

We polar bears do not let the mere solid state deter us from our morning swim. Where there is a will, there is a way.

If you cut away the ice on the surface (sometimes you have to cut steps in the ice to get to the water) you can have a nice little swimming pool for a couple of minutes before it starts to freeze up again.

And yes, we are somewhat nuts. At least this is relatively harmless.

Hot chocolate and terrycloth robes are standard issue for after the swim.

dude moving water does not freeze.  even if the water is 2 degree

have you ever taken a chemistry class ?

How did the Asians cross the Bering Strait then?

Teleports

dude moving water does not freeze.  even if the water is 2 degree

have you ever taken a chemistry class ?

How did the Asians cross the Bering Strait then?

Teleports

;) fantastic answer Grum :D

The Bering Straits froze during an Ice Age, at which point the temperature of the water dropped well below freezing, allowing a bridge to form across the Straits, so that travel was possible.

Edited by Enlia