Cicero

Manu people are getting the shaft

Are Manu people underappreciated?  

1. 1. Are Manu people underappreciated?

• Yes, they are amazing people and should be rewarded
    • No, I think killing baby seals is cool
    • I'm an idiot

We have no cape.

We have no god (understandable, since there are only 3 so far).

All 3 gods are for fighting.

There are no manu-only items.

There are tons of monster-drop-only items now.

It seems that fighting characters are getting very much favored. Some of this I can understand, but why isn't there even a cape yet? I heard that before I started playing, iron chain could be manufactured. Manu has been getting not only neglected, but punished. It takes millions to get to the high levels of manu, and a lot of time. I think there should be more rewards for it.

I just wish leather gloves were stackable, and/or more XP. A cape woould be nice too, and more items to be able to make...Chain armor, shields and so on.

Or maybe the monster drop only item could be monster and manu only.

in fact i was hopeing to see that many of the more high end items (be that potions, armors, weapons, or whatever) was only available tru being made or found from a very strong monster...

as for cape, what good should it do?

and allso, what good should the god of manufacturing give to his belivers?

I agree with you cicero

I think its not fair to the people who like more peaceful skills and want to make the stuff thereself use it and sell to other players...

yes more items and more experience for the "difficult" items.

I mean a steel long sword just gives 2 times the experience of leather gloves. That's like... insane... It takes a real long time to create a sword, because bars cannot be bought, at least give more experience for them.

I think if u multiply the experience of swords by ten, still nobody would do them for experience...

There is no cape for manufacturing yet because we were thinking of splitting up the skill into several..such as blacksmithing, leatherworking, etc....I dont know what is goign to happen now.

Not to mention that the new changes have made manufacturing about three to four times slower.

Jevik

The changes do make things harder. They make things slower. But they make those that choose this path fewer. In the end, it will only make those that choose to do manufacturing more valuble.

Yes it's a royal pain to level up in manufacturing. It shouldn't be easy to go from making fur gloves to Titanium Serpent Swords. You need to develop your skill as a craftsman over a long period of time to be good at what you do.

If anything, it far to easy to get the other skills up to higher levels. With relatively little effort, you can raise your combat related stats to nearly invincible in two days.

New things added to the list of items that can be made will come.

I do have to agree with Cicero about the manu-only items making the path more interesting to people, as I agree with Duran about higher end items being more limited.

Just my 2-cents worth.

Aelric

Although I don't exactly pity the people who can get rich off of high lvl swords, you are kinda making things generally suck more. But then again, this game isn't exactly balanced out *points to newbs harvesting cactus beacause it's the second highest selling plant.* However, I do think each trade should have some fringe unique benefit. Like there could also be essences or potions which could only be bought. That would help people actually interact, while keeping things fair. That way some high level fighter exploiting drop-only items for huge profits would be at the mercy of potion makers because they can make a potion that heals 50 or something.

Also, while I don't see much quest potential out of a manufacturing god (or others for that matter), there should still be one. Ever heard of Haphestus (however you spell his name) The Greek craftsman god? (Mercury in Roman I think). Even real religions have one.

My American Heritage dictionary says Hephaestus was the Greek god of fire and metalworking identified with the Roman god Vulcan.

If anything, it far to easy to get the other skills up to higher levels.

This is really a big part of the point that I'm making. Fighting people get a lot of perks, but it's really easy to raise fighting. I've hardly spent any time on fighting, and I got to lv 30 quite easily. I probably could be out there killing gargys and trolls and getting special monster drop stuff, but instead I'm trying to do the sword shop route. It's really not working out. People that get monster drops for more common items like swords will undersell the people that make them by far, and when they get rare items, they make obscene money off them even though the items really suck. I'm not completely against monsters dropping items that can only be aquired that way, but I don't think there should be so many things that are drop only, and I think the better stuff should be manu only. Wtf would a monster be doing with titanium armor that a master craftsman is incapable of making? For that matter, why can you make a titanium sperpent but not an iron helm? It doesn't make any sense.

and allso, what good should the god of manufacturing give to his belivers?

I think the biggest point of a manu god would not only be to get the exp bonus and the temp skill bonus (since there isn't a manu potion), but make it so that only worshipers of the manu god can make the best weapon and armor in the game. I heard that the other gods will have special items that only those worshipers can use, why not make it so that only followers of the manu god can make some of the best stuff in the game?

yes more items and more experience for the "difficult" items.

I mean a steel long sword just gives 2 times the experience of leather gloves. That's like... insane... It takes a real long time to create a sword, because bars cannot be bought, at least give more experience for them.

I think if u multiply the experience of swords by ten, still nobody would do them for experience...

I hadn't even thought to mention that. That's a very good point. Exp for higher level stuff is teh sukc.

There is no cape for manufacturing yet because we were thinking of splitting up the skill into several..such as blacksmithing, leatherworking, etc....I dont know what is goign to happen now.

I already thought that the skill should be split up somehow, since making swords requires bars, which require lv 30+ in alch (which, by the way, is way to easy and the cape is teh sukc). I don't think it is going to be changed though, so how bout that cape?

Also, while I don't see much quest potential out of a manufacturing god (or others for that matter), there should still be one. Ever heard of Haphestus (however you spell his name) The Greek craftsman god? (Mercury in Roman I think). Even real religions have one.

While I am big on mythology, I think that using one of those names would be lame, since the other gods' names are original.

1. The potion lady will be removed, soon.

2. There will be more item to manufacture soon

3. There will be a god too

4. there will be a cape, eventually.

While I am big on mythology, I think that using one of those names would be lame, since the other gods' names are original.

I wasn't suggesting taking the name, I just was saying that there is even a manu god in real life.

make it so that only worshipers of the manu god can make the best weapon and armor in the game.

No, not the best stuff in the game. The idea is that there are no ultimate items in the game. You can have items which get better as they go up in price, but not one god item. I already think that they need staves and hammers and axes which can match the serpent sword, because it unbalances the game.

Also, what about my suggestion that each skill provides a unique benefit? Manu people can make special items, fighters can find special items, potion makers get special pots they can make, and so on. That would help create different paths so that everyone would have a specific advantage.

If the potion seller is removed, will the formulas for the two missing potions be added to the web site? The potion seller sells potions of combat and feasting that are not documented on the web site.

heh, atleast manu can be used. magic is about useless now. with the remake of the interface (yes i know this will be fixed) it got a bit to complicated. first you click cast. then you either move the window about or close it to try and target anything. and with the new interface you have to make sure you rightclick with use selected on your target. some times i wonder why entropy even wanted a magic system in the game at all...

Potion lady? Removed? Soon? Will be? The?

I'm level 15 potion maker. Who'd I be supposed to sell potions to?? Other players don't want to buy my potions B)