Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aragorn1-Real

Mods Look To This!

dude c++ is teh old stuff :) welcome to new generation of rpg maker 2000 B)

let me answer on it HE DONT KNOW HOW CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON THE FORUMS.
so it would be a good time for him now to learn some interesting new things to do :)

and a tip to Entropy: LEARN TO MAKE A GAME IN 3D LIKE WORLD OF WARCRAFT

C++ is old and C totally so dont work in it or you can wait a few years and my brother shall create games to AND A LOT BETTER OF YOUR SHIT ENTROPY

omg you are so retarded... please give me you bank account number and i will give you some funds for threatment.

c++ is more powerful than Java. c++ is probobly your best bet for making any MMORPG. There are some exceptions. But anyone who points to runescape is retarded. Runescape did an extrodinary job with java just to get a mediocre game. The gameplay design was done very well, and that is what made it successful.

There is a very old language called cobol. It is the most widely used language today. This is because companys were made with that language and never needed to change it once it was in place. Of course you wouldnt want to learn cobol because no one programs with it anymore. In the case of c++, no language has made it obsolete, and i wouldnt count on it being obsolete for a while. And once its overtakin, it will be a while before it fades out.

I don't know what language smart guy was talking about, but if he was thinking Java, Java is just a much more organized language than c++, but it sacrifices some power to be such.

Power and performance. But Java has other advantages such as portability and that it's possible to embed it into websites and the like. However other languages have these advantages as well...

C and C++ will continue being the main programming languages for high-speed applications/libraries, while normal GUI apps, simplistic games etc. will move to Perl, Python and perhaps C#/Mono - at least that's my guess... The D programming language is looking somewhat promising as well though.

And I don't think he knows shit about programming - otherwise he'd have known that there are advantages and disadvantages with all languages (although it's hard to see the advantage of brainf*ck - sorry Grum :().

Edited by Wytter

(although it's hard to see the advantage of brainf*ck - sorry Grum ;)).

Lol...ehm...

Some advantages of brainf*ck:

a) Simplicity. In what other language do you only have to learn 8 statements to master the complete language?

B) The ability to insert comments in your code without having to explicitly mark them as such. Nearly all BF parsers simply ignore everything that's not in the core language

c) Job guarantee. Suppose you have written your company's web server in BF. You can never get fired, because noone will ever be able to maintain your materpiece (though I don't know how to do networking in BF, but you get the point)...

d) compiler speed: brainf*ck code is compiled faster than any other language in existence. Unless you use my compiler, of course...

e) readability. Compare a BF program to Perl code. Which one do you understand better?

All in all, I'd say that BF is a good replacement for the more popular scripting languages such as Python or Perl.

Sendmail.cf is written in BF, I don't know if others but I underestand it perfectly...and I am a blonde.

For me it is an advantage. :(

Regards.

Edited by Platyna

Sendmail.cf is written in BF, I don't know if others but I underestand it perfectly...and I am a blonde.

For me it is an advantage. B)

Regards.

Now I understand you.

i swear i saw a pic of teh banned 0n3na with red hair ? o.O

Is i remember teh banned 0n3na had dark hair, i wouldnt say that they were dark blond :D

but maybe they were "painted" or something, never mind. Blondes Rock :)

Stupid or not... Blondes OwnZ :D

what do you need brain for ? it only make life more dificult that it should be. Imagine that every one has no brain, god it would be so great.