Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
behindthemask08

Stop The Price Complaints

If you happen to drop by the suggestion forum there are a ton of great suggestions except they all are there simply because a few people want the selling prices to go up.

What is wrong with prices going down????

So many people are complaining about the drop in prices! A drop in prices only hurts you if you have the top equipment and are only selling stuff alot of people can make!! If only you and a few othere ppl can make it, it is called "rare" so it sells for a higher price (such as axes and iron plate).

And with prices going down there will be more buyers for the stuff people make so you can sell more stuff and end up making more money(if thats what your after)

So can we please stop complaining about prices going down??

Deflation is actually a bad thing, just not as bad as inflation. The key with deflation is that prices go down because of a surplus of items, and when that happens, then a lot of other junk falls (i.e., let's say stocks for example).

Oversupply and the stock price rise-and-dramatic-fall were the two main reasons of America's Depression and deflation spawns from oversupply, so do the math.

If you happen to drop by the suggestion forum there are a ton of great suggestions except they all are there simply because a few people want the selling prices to go up.

So many people are complaining about the drop in prices! A drop in prices only hurts you if you have the top equipment and are only selling stuff alot of people can make!! If only you and a few othere ppl can make it, it is called "rare" so it sells for a higher price (such as axes and iron plate).

And with prices going down there will be more buyers for the stuff people make so you can sell more stuff and end up making more money(if thats what your after)

All I can say is...what twisted reasonning :)

All I can say is...what twisted reasonning :)

I follow him in everything except the more buyers part. It will stabilize at a low.

Good reasoning. Only one problem: People are richer than they can use and... we don't have a stock market.

Let's say the stock market is the entire EL game in whole. :)

The thing is, behindthemask, that prices dropping and prices raising are both bad.

If prices drops, that's because of a surplus of items. When that happens, already common items become what everybody's wearing 5 minutes into the game, rare items become what people are wearing 2 months into the game. And then...what happens next? Everybody has everything, and manuers/harvesters/alchers can't get profits.

If, however, prices raise, that's because of a lack of items. So, nobody buys the items because they're too expensive, and nobody gets money.

So prices need to stay the same. The developers need to work to keep prices where they are.

The only way I can think of is to get rid of NPC's except for selling items that can't be harvested/made. (Such as Harvy's mercury.) Then, use those banks and allow players to take out loans. But then there will have to be something to buy with those loans. That's where houses come in. You can buy a house for either $50 usd OR 80k. When you buy a house, you can make a guild, your guild has a store front, (you set the prices and deposit items, sort of like store bots that don't buy anything.) and has infinite storage for both items to be sold and items not to be sold. So, you take out a loan to buy a house (the game devs give the banks money to be loaned out on a regular basis, so they control how much money goes into the game.) and you have to repay it. If you don't, they take away your house, but you still have a guild. But there needs to be more than just houses. You need to have more stuff to give out loans for.

Please feel free to add on/improve/move to suggestions forum.

You might want to just make it so NPCs just buy, not sell. After all, where else are we going to sell our lilacs?

Selling lilacs is a mindless harvesting way of making money. If they didn't buy it, the only use for them would be in essences. Which would make it almost useless to harvest for money. Would encourage player interaction. Would be like everyone had antisocial.

The market decides the prices for items, and overall it remains reletively constant.

so serp swards suddenly became more common, perhaps this is because they became a little easyer to get with more high level players and being able to get them with harvesting.

overall everything remains reletively constant. the price of fe's is still around 3-5gc still, perhaps this is because the supply/demand remains constant.

if you have been playing for a fiew hours/days and have a high level item please put your hand up. i don't think you exist and am just a figment of the imagination of the developers. it still will take an awful lot of time and money to get the several thousand gold coins for the top items in the game, even the money for books is expensive when you start off.

if you don't want people to have platemail, why is it in the game? we need items that are difficult, but still have the ability to be owned by the common player if they work for a week or 2, well that's how long it took me with the old manu system and i've been playing since the crash.

so what if the high level manuers complain, there aren't that many of them with really high levels, it might just be that they had a monopoly on manufactureing, and it is finally becomeing more fair as more people get to the high levels.

if you have been playing for a fiew hours/days and have a high level item please put your hand up. i don't think you exist and am just a figment of the imagination of the developers. it still will take an awful lot of time and money to get the several thousand gold coins for the top items in the game, even the money for books is expensive when you start off.

*Raises hand*

I bought a serp (they cost 7-8k at the time) on my second morning of playing the game. I started buying plate pieces 2 days after that.

I doubt I'm average though. I do a lot of trading, and it was the first thing I got into after completing my newbie quest.. A little harvesting, a little essence making, and a lot killing and collecting bunnies to sell. Then buying other things that looked cheap. Then reselling those.

Ect.

I like to think I'm doing fairy well in manufacture but sometimes it feels a bit redundant. I have not sold anything on the market channel since I was recruited into a guild so I have never really had the advantage of making my own monopoly on my hoards of superitems. It is a tad sad though, if the guild didn't have me it really wouldn't make that much difference except that they'd have to pay.

I have not properly complained about the economy as I have been existing outside of it. I have moaned about the levelling speed as the volume of items I need to make for a level seems to directly oppose the sentiment against mass production.

Now I need to think of a new way to make money. I saw a thread somewhere... said something about lilacs.

If prices drops, that's because of a surplus of items. When that happens, already common items become what everybody's wearing 5 minutes into the game, rare items become what people are wearing 2 months into the game. And then...what happens next? Everybody has everything, and manuers/harvesters/alchers can't get profits.

But the biggest thing about the game is levels, a noob with the best armor and 3/3 a/d would still get killed by a deer.

I like the idea of no NPCs except then the newbies wouldn't be able to make any money until they are about lvl 20 in something, and without NPC's there would be no way for low level manuers/harvesters/alchers to make money, except for occasionally.

Prices will not stabilize at a low if developers keep changing the game. And as more ppl become high lvl players, prices will keep going down. For example, there are onl a few manufacturers who have a high enough lvl to make iron plate. That and the amount of time/money it takes to make the armor will keep the price from dropping drastically. But slowly the price will drop because more and more people will be able to make it. If the harvesting speed is made faster, prices will drop even more.

if you don't want people to have platemail, why is it in the game? we need items that are difficult, but still have the ability to be owned by the common player if they work for a week or 2, well that's how long it took me with the old manu system and i've been playing since the crash.

so what if the high level manuers complain, there aren't that many of them with really high levels, it might just be that they had a monopoly on manufactureing, and it is finally becomeing more fair as more people get to the high levels.

I agree totally.

Selling lilacs is a mindless harvesting way of making money. If they didn't buy it, the only use for them would be in essences. Which would make it almost useless to harvest for money. Would encourage player interaction. Would be like everyone had antisocial.

Then everybody WOULD get antisocial and that you ruin pickpoint system - unless you lowered the PP from antisocial