Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Starman_Omega

Story Of The Starman.

It all started when I was young, when we were all back together...

I was the oldest of my brothers, we got the nicknames Alpha, Beta, Sigma, and me, Omega. Alpha was Andrew(the youngest,) Beta was Barthos, Sigma was Serian, and me, Elariath, the oldest.

We were the few humans born in Nordcarn, though we quickly gained respect among the dwarves and gnomes when we were older we joined the Nordcarn Militia, we were some of the best swordsmen there.I had an unquenchable lust for battle, To deal justice to evil. whenever monsters invaded nordcarn borders, i would be among the front lines, armor clad, sword in hand...

It was in there we all gained these nicknames. Alpha was too young to be in the Militia. We aslways took pride in our city, knowing it was the most fortified and defensively powerful City in all the Lands. Finally, when we were older, we got a call from Mynadar asking for allies to aid them in battle.I quickly grabbed my titanium longsword and charged off with the rest of the militia. I was, as always, with the front lines, and surprisingly I spotted my two brothers there with me... When we were close enough to see the city, we were in shock; we saw the buildings in flame, smoke billowing from the town hall,and we saw other allies here too. Some from Whitestone, others from the Kilarn fields.

Then we saw the horde of orcs seiging the city.

I unsheathed my sword and quickly impaled my first orc, while the other men charged into the streets.I began fighting my way to the town square, there were many types of monsters here, Skelletons, Orcs, and even some Trolls. As we fought on in the burning city of Mynadar, we tried to save any innocents in buildings or on the streets as we could. I dodged an orc's vile blade and cut him right through the ches, when he fell i was face-to-face with a troll. the the big troll lumbered towards me, and brought his club almost hit my head. I tried to slash the cluub out of his hand but I had missed also. He swung the club horizontally and I tried to step back, but the club barely nicked me in the head. I fell onto the street and the troll missed his swing once more, I dodged out of the way. With a dash to the side I cut his hand and then stuck my sword through his chest. Our forces were quickly dwindling, before long they almost had us surrounded. We decided to retreat to corren via boat. Our men charged notheward, killing any monster or orc they saw. As i ran for the boats, i meet up with Sigma, We fought together side by side for most of the battle. Beta was nowhere to be found. We fought our way to a clearing and seached for Beta, only to find him surrounded by armor-clad orcs.We ran to save him, stabbing one through the back, Sigma kkicked an orc out of the way, I bolocked an orc's blow woth my sheild and then knocked his sword out of his hand, and stabbed him....But one of the orcs stabbed him in the back right infront of us, and he fell to the ground....lifeless. we bellowed in anger and killed furiously the orcs that killed him. We spared no mercy to them, for they spared none to my dear brother, Barthos. Boats were leaving, and we had to get back.

I dodged the burning embers and looked behind me. Sigma was no longer behind me....I turned around and saw him running from more orcs. another orc jumped infront of him and slashed him over the arm. Sigma gracefully sliced the orc back and turned around to see 5 more chasing him. He quickly stabbed one...then an orc brought his mace crashing down........to the stone, he had missed him. Sigma Sliced the orc, and saw him cut right through his neck, watching the green head Tumble to the stone street. 3 more to go. He had a little fun and started climing up a house wall, and leaped down on the 3rd orc, and dealt another fatal death blow. He charged to the 4th orc, and sent his sword down, but it stopped. Another orc and slashed his lag and he fell down, on the stone, and then looked up at the many orcs surrounding him. I could not bear to watch my other brother die...I leaped into a boat and stared at the burning city...our forces had heavy losses...but to our family, we had suffered a loss too big to bear...

TO BE CONTINUED

for next time,

THE BATLE OF NORDCARN

i already have the second part written down, so you won't have to wait long.

EDIT: Had to fix some names, i got a little confused :P And i Added some more details.

Edited by Starman_Omega

part 2: THE ATTACK ON NORCARN

Our forces spent days in corren regaining their numbers. the corren people were very mixed in races, so it was hard to tell what kind of village it was. It was a peaceful village, free from the troubles of all the other lands on Seridia. I had suffered little injury, only a blow to the head from a sword hilt. Many other troops were injured, and the helaers in corren treated us with full quarter. After many days we retreated back to Nordcarn, where we learned the news of Mortos's plan of taking over the Lands.

Some of our soldiers also saw an orc scout heading south, near our lands. we prepared for battle in a week, estimated. I took time to repair my armor, not trusting the scammer Tankel. Most importantly, brought news to my family of the death of Barthos and Serian. We took time to say something to our lost brothers, even though we never knew where there bodies were. I had promised my mother I will not lose in the war, that she will not lose me. The days passed slowly, some people paranoid of the incoming army of the orcs, some of the townsmen and boys wanted to fight; they saved their gold to buy suitable armor to prepare. It had been three days, and i prepared for it the best i could, the militia decided to let the regular soldiers in Nordcarn fight on the front lines, though since I was a Leader in the militia(a captain in the regulars, if i chose) and took command of the troops on the walls. Our plan was to try and use the catapaults to destroy thir front lines, and once they broke through the gates, charge right in.... On the dawn of the 7th day, we could see the green mass approching from Mynadar, forming ranks as they curved around the low valley hills like serpents.. we were more prepared than ever. 10,000 troops in the city, 5,000 on the walls, numerous catapaults and slings.

Finally, the army approached.

our catapaults and slings fired just at the right time, sending much of the orc army flying. the orcs immediately charged at the castle of Nordcarn, the most fortified city in all of the lands. Some went for the gates, others tried to climb the walls, all the while catapaults endlessly reloading boulders into thier loaders, firing at the endless mass of orcs. I was on top of the wall with my longbow(not something I carried around everywhere)though an excellent swordsman; a medicore archer. I instead trying to kill the orcs that managed to climb the walls. The orcs were trying to pound through the gates, though the wood was much too thick, and Archers would focus their deadly aim near the cates, pushing the orcs back. When the orcs finally broke through the gates, they almost halted right there in the amazement of the horde of slodiers waiting to kill some fresh orc meat. But they hesitantly charged, by the order of the commander. both sides clashed swords, the Nordcarn soldiers almost brought the orcs back to the gates. Only at this time, of all times, monsters invading from the Southern Kilarn fields crossed the Nordcarn border unscathed.

Half of the army had to split up becasue the monsters would be let in without a scratch. trolls, cyclopses, and ogres, seemingly hypnotized, possibly by Selain.

The forces almost crumbled, with half the men fighting tens of thousands of orcs and another half fighting lumbering monsters with clubs, maces, and flails. The remaining troops fell back to the market square, a flat circle like shape, with narrow openings only to get thourgh, steep clifs on all sides. the Militia, dispatched to reinforce the invasion from the west formulated a cunning, almost crazy plan. they enitced the monsters to follow them though, being the dumb things they are, they followed. when the monsters tried to follow the militia and soldiers from the north and west to the other side of the castle, the bulky, steel doors Nordcarn used to close the square were shut, pinning the monsters in, dense and crowded. Then the second part of the plan. The soldiers on the walls rotated the sling and catapaults and ajusted them the exact angle to hit the market square; and so they did. the orcs and monsters were crushed, huge bolders and derbis being hurled at them with nowhere to go, crushing the monsters and everything else in the square as well. Some monsters even tried to climb up the cliffs to get over the other side. Eventually a cyclpos used his club and bashed through the door, and let the remaining monsters out.the soldiers on the other side were unprepared for this, and let their guard down. Something Nordcarn Never did. the bulk of the army was killed by the monsters flowing out of the square and the rest fleed into the caves, where the women and children were. At this time, I fled into South Kilarn. Grieved with the unknown certainty of my brothers, most cerainly dead, I traveled through Desert Pines and then into Portland, withdrawing food supplies, and armor that I needed. Now I travel alone, and have gained the name 'Starman Omega', Starman, for i never stay in once place for long, and Omega, being the last one of my family. From this day i still quench my lust for battle by joining unknown armies on the eve of battle, fighting against other evils, and they always shout with joy,for the Starman has come to aid them. From this day, i still wander the lands, seeking new adventures and new allies.

THE END.

please give feedback, tell me how well I did :P

Edited by Starman_Omega

Excellent, starman. It's always cool when someone takes the time to define their character. Gives them more life, ya know?

go ahead and make a follow up...I'd like to see someone write about me :D

im not gonna cry im not gonna cry its just so so cool wwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa