Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rya

This Is Great

I log on in kf i see people so i go too kill them.. i get teleported to hell... then told there doing a contest.. well then i go roaming kf looking for people i walk by the contest and i heard pls teleport him again and req to leave so i did....end of story ? i got is if people wanna hold a pk contest why are mods there teleporting people these people should hold it at there own risk.. why this new rule they can teleport someone and tell them to leave the area...

I log on in kf i see people so i go too kill them.. i get teleported to hell... then told there doing a contest.. well then i go roaming kf looking for people i walk by the contest and i heard pls teleport him again and req to leave so i did....end of story ? i got is if people wanna hold a pk contest why are mods there teleporting people these people should hold it at there own risk.. why this new rule they can teleport someone and tell them to leave the area...

Another clear case of Mod abuse. This game is refereed by a group of self-serving people.

Like I said before. How do I become a mod? I too wish to partake in the..."balancing of good and evil"...of EL.

Rya, i added the rule for my specific contest because they tend to get clicked upon and I didnt want that to happen for my contest. You should have just respected my wishes and left.

Tripp, what you think is abuse really isnt so get your head out of your..err*looks what forum it is* butt.

Thats not very fair... if you are in KF you are there at your own risk, contest or not..... or the mods need to make it a GAME rule for contest in a pin up.

Thats not very fair... if you are in KF you are there at your own risk, contest or not..... or the mods need to make it a GAME rule for contest in a pin up.

KF is a fairly big place you know. Why spend time around that area... Also, our new command was created for a reason...for that purpose. So now we can enforce it if we are there...Rya will understand it next update...

Sounds like he just logged on the game in KF and did not know there was

something going on..... i could be wrong about that... i never have been on

a PK map so have no clue as to how the PK maps work yet, but it sounds to me like

people pk and have contest in about the same places on the KF map.

Well, we also have other PK maps, you guys should use them (both the PKers and the contest holders)

For the whole time i played seriously before my stats got wiped i didn't manage to get a single kill in ruins/taharaji/grubani so ppl just tend to camp/idle/whatever in KF where i spilled my share of blood too ;)

Rya, i added the rule for my specific contest because they tend to get clicked upon and I didnt want that to happen for my contest. You should have just respected my wishes and left.

Tripp, what you think is abuse really isnt so get your head out of your..err*looks what forum it is* butt.

Are you threatening players now? If you are, it just goes to show mods do believe the rules don't apply to them. Plus, "Almighty Lord_Vermor" shouldn't a Mod display a more professional, ethical, and mature sense of reasoning when replying to posts and keep their emotions seperate from their judgement?

Just wondering? ;)

Now how about jumping on Tigger, (sorry Tigger but I believe you understand what's going on here in the forums as well as the game) they stood-up for Rya.

This is another example of a mod sending people to Hell, transporting them, whatever, without explanation and losing their temper towards players who attempt to bring to light Mod abuse.

Reference thread Rogue Abusing Mod Powers

How was Lord Vermor to know that Rya had only just logged in, and not known what was going on?

Part of the thing with using the other PK maps, Ent, is Tahraji has Ogres and Fluffy rabbits, Tirnym has Chimeran wolves and male Orcs, And the Arena in White Stone City is rather..small.

Edited by Hazor

Are you threatening players now? If you are, it just goes to show mods do believe the rules don't apply to them. Plus, "Almighty Lord_Vermor" shouldn't a Mod display a more professional, ethical, and mature sense of reasoning when replying to posts and keep their emotions seperate from their judgement?

Just wondering? :P

Now how about jumping on Tigger, (sorry Tigger but I believe you understand what's going on here in the forums as well as the game) they stood-up for Rya.

This is another example of a mod sending people to Hell, transporting them, whatever, without explanation and losing their temper towards players who attempt to bring to light Mod abuse.

I'm not quite sure how a mod not wanting innocent bystanders to not accidentally get killed (and thereby losing their stuff) is abuse... ;)

Too many times spectators go to watch, end up getting killed for one reason or another, and lose their stuff then complain about it no end...it is impossible for the mods there to save every bag.

LV i have a suggestion,hold the damned pk contests in a small area like Nordcarn cave or something?

Ok, rya logged on..thats fine. Then he went and attacked on of my guards so he was sent to the uderworld, not fine. I didn't even send him there at all, I had 2 other mods watching my back. He just kept coming back tho...

Tripp, that wasnt a threat. Im just saying take a good look at what your talking about before actually posting.

Ent, I would do it in other PK maps but the monsters tend to get in the way ;)

Buhaan, those gobs annoying :lol:

Roja, that would be most appreciated.

Edited by Lord_Vermor

maybe its time that contests where put into code. say that a mod can fire off a contest command and anyone that wants to get into it can enter a command to apply for entry into said contest. while the contest is on, people in it can only attack or be attacked by others in the contest. hell, maybe one could even go a bit further add diffrent modes like capture the flag, kill the leader or similar.

Why not make a contest map? A PK map only for contests, where you are not supposed to be except when taking part in a contest (even if we can't prevent people from going in there when there's no contest, they can't complain if they get teleported away, since they are not supposed to be there). An outdoor kind of arena, with no monsters, split in the middle, with both halves mirrored, to make war events fair. A road or something in the middle marking the border, and a fort on each side (still mirrored). Half of it a desert for easy fighting (not needing to turn the camera all the time, the other half forest (for guerillia style attacks).

I don't think it necessarily has to be a part of the world map, it could be a small island or something.

eventmap.png

Edited by Leeloo

Other PK maps sucks, they are far away from storages and alot of evil monsters are there, for training

purposes are useless, and this is why people use PK maps for usually. Anyway Learner's idea with map

flags should heal that situation.

Regards.

*likes leeloo's idea*

some little island, stick a boat to it from somewhere like naralik (it's out the way of noobs)

then u cud get a mod to sit at the entrance, do the demi thing, and let no1 in without permission

^.^

Why not make a contest map? A PK map only for contests, where you are not supposed to be except when taking part in a contest (even if we can't prevent people from going in there when there's no contest, they can't complain if they get teleported away, since they are not supposed to be there). An outdoor kind of arena, with no monsters, split in the middle, with both halves mirrored, to make war events fair. A road or something in the middle marking the border, and a fort on each side (still mirrored). Half of it a desert for easy fighting (not needing to turn the camera all the time, the other half forest (for guerillia style attacks).

I don't think it necessarily has to be a part of the world map, it could be a small island or something.

eventmap.png

that would be UBER-COOL !!!

and you get get there by teleporter, which could be in a convenient (not too much so tho :) ) distacne to a storage...

mebbe this could be used for training purposes too, lower lvls might like to PvP, too...

it could be like with trade, on this map you can only fight other players when BOTH players attack, in case of an event the mods could turn this feature off then...

awsome idea leeloo ! ;)

Guest viblog

Rya, I wouldn't have a problem with you being there if you had given back my stuff. LV was having a contest and you should have respected that. Just because there isn't a rule doesn't mean you didn't do something wrong. I mean, come on, it's just a game. Why do you have to take people's stuff? You didn't even get much out of it. I wore my crappy 2edge and leather so giving it back would not be a real pain.

I remember suggesting that island map umm 'bout 7 months ago and i think moonie started it, not sure tho.

*likes leeloo's idea*

some little island, stick a boat to it from somewhere like naralik (it's out the way of noobs)

then u cud get a mod to sit at the entrance, do the demi thing, and let no1 in without permission

^.^

Good idea, except that Narilik is out of the way for everyone but alchemists (rarely) and mid-level fighters, who use the double goblin spawn. How about we stick it on one of the unused boats in portland, next to the one to Gerubandi Pennunsula?

I'm not even a Fighter and I like this idea! I've been thinking that something like this was a long time coming. Like Freeone stated, use all of those boats in Portland! They're no doing anything. The one on the West Coast of Portland also! Actually, I think their should be several Islands (a chain of Islands) all PK and all kind of small but Much Larger then the Arena that all can be used for different Events! Their could even be Rules as too Who can Board them and when they can be accessable (Well, this idea isn't needed but would help)!