I was powerkilling some beavers and brownies these last days , and out of straight grinding booredem i started thinking :
- what if besides the tokens, you can get some super rare items (1 drop per creature per 5000000 global killed creatures for example maybe less than that ) and what should sed items be used for ?
- how would it affect the player afterwards ?
- what will you do with this items ?
- pros and cons for finishing this ultimate quest ?
So i came up with this , a endgamish weapon that can only be made from this super rare droped items from basic creatures to higher lvled creatures.
This drops should be in the form of creature box, and uppon opening it you would be asked if you wanna keep the items inside and accept the negative perk that comes with it .
The ideea is the old gods whant to seed chaos into the land and have planted this abomination boxes in creatures , and if you accept to KEEP them you get a negative perk from the actual gods.
So what kind of weapon could bring chaos to the land ? The only answer that makes any logic is a musket , but to get there you have to sacrifice alot.
So the ideea is this:
- you need 9 boxes, 3 from lower lvl , 3 medium lvl and 3 high lvl mobs , so 3 boxes per tier of mobs.
Example : you kill beavers for example and get a box drop, the negative perk that comes when u open the box and keep the item could be that you no longer get any rare drop from this creature and the beaver will automaticaly attack you from now on . If you get all the boxes from all the 3 bottom tier creatures , open them and accept the items you get the ultimate negative perk (all the bottom tier creatures will attack you and you wont get any tokens BUT just from the 3 creatures that drop the box ... so win win situation of sort.
This mechanics should apply to the other tiers also.
The next negative side of this ultimate quest should be that you have to trick the actual gods into working the items from the boxes for you .
So we can imagine :
Attack god - trick him into making you the trigger mechanism : after making it you get a 50 lvl reduction based on xp from the maximum game attack lvl
Ideea is this is for maxed out players that will loose 50 lvls from all the skills involved so from 178 attack you get set back to 128
Maybe lower lvls players can do it also but the 50 lvls need to be calculated from xp to maximum lvl , so if hes 170 for example he will loose more then 50 lvls
Defense god - trick him into making you the bayonet : same penalty as above
Harvest god - trick him into harvesting flint from an box item : same penalty as above
Alchemy god - trick him into mixing all the enriched essence into 1 essence you will need for the musket: same penalty as above ( 10 of each enriched ess maybe needed for the mix ? )
Potion god - trick him into mixing black powder for you : same penalty as above
Manu god - trick him into mixing you iron ball mould : same penalty as above
Crafting - trick him into mixing you the first boullet : same penalty as above
Eng god - trick him into mixing the blueprints for the weapon : same penalty as above
Ranging god - trick him into mixing the manual for it : same penalty as above
The requierment of the old gods to make this weapon is to have tricked all the actual gods
They will make you the weapon and open up 8 quest to the old gods that will reward you with :
- "Pied Piper" perk , it will give you better rat token drops since the firing of the musket will necesit masive action points.
- black powder harvest knowledge
- black fire ess knowledge ( essence needed to fire the weapon )
- black powder mixing knowledge ( potion based item needed to fire the weapon)
- boullet mould knowledge ( manu based item needed to craft boullets )
- boullets making knowledge ( crafting based item )
- spare parts knowledge ( eng based items needed to repair your own musket )
- musket manual knowlegde ( ideea is any1 can use the musket but only the players with this knowledge will get massive ranging xp and get to use the weapon to its full potential , maybe a shop item should be available but only the players who complete the quest will use the weapon with its full stats )
So the person who made all this sacrifices, gets to do the old gods quest and the items he gets to make as a result of the knowledge will have massive xp rewards as to get back the lvls he sacrificed tricking the actual gods
So we can imagine
3x xp for def and attack when using the muscket in bayonet mode
3x xp for ranging
and higher xp the harvest, alch, pot, manu, craft, eng, all skills needed to play with this new weapon
What do you guys think ? Good ideea ? To hard to implement in the game ? Trash ideea ?
Sorry for the long read